Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to kids get on Singapore Airlines?

What to kids get on Singapore Airlines?

Old May 14th 2006, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to kids get on Singapore Airlines?

Has anybody flown recently with Singapore Airlines? Do kids get activity packs? What is included inside?

Thanks
Old May 14th 2006, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: What to kids get on Singapore Airlines?

Originally Posted by Luma
Has anybody flown recently with Singapore Airlines? Do kids get activity packs? What is included inside?

Thanks
They get a little toy and some little crayons mostly - on the way out there our daughter got a bottle bag which came in very useful and on the way back a soft toy - the staff are great with the kids.
Old May 14th 2006, 6:17 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Woolworths doing a buy one get one free on Kids travel games, I bought 6 the other day!! Well should help to kill some time!!
Old May 14th 2006, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by toon williams
Woolworths doing a buy one get one free on Kids travel games, I bought 6 the other day!! Well should help to kill some time!!
Another thing I forgot to mention the on-board entertainment is brilliant - movies on demand etc you can look at what films will be showing on the airlines website, our daughter must have watched 4 films and played endless Nintendo games! I also bought games and colouring books etc but need not have bothered as if she wasn't engrossed in the screen she was asleep!! (she's 4 nearly 5)
Old May 14th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelle
Another thing I forgot to mention the on-board entertainment is brilliant - movies on demand etc you can look at what films will be showing on the airlines website, our daughter must have watched 4 films and played endless Nintendo games! I also bought games and colouring books etc but need not have bothered as if she wasn't engrossed in the screen she was asleep!! (she's 4 nearly 5)
That's good to hear as I wasn't planning on getting mine anything for the flight.

What sort of food are they served though ? I have one very fussy daughter so need to know if I have to take food for her
Old May 14th 2006, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ohippy
That's good to hear as I wasn't planning on getting mine anything for the flight.

What sort of food are they served though ? I have one very fussy daughter so need to know if I have to take food for her
We flew with them in 2003 and the food was pretty basic....penguin, crisps ham sandwich orange juice type stuff...but my son demolished it all the same...also check you have kids meals...we flew Emirates in 2005 and stupidly assumed a childs ticket would have a childs meal...consiquently our 3 yr old and 1 yr old both had a hot curry (or rather I had three!)

Matt
Old May 14th 2006, 8:11 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ment/index.jsp
Old May 14th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, my eldest is a similar age so hopefully that will entertain him as well

Old May 14th 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I phoned them up and booked 2 kids meals - he said have I reserved seats? So he reserved them and then he asked if we're emigrating - he said we're entitled to 30kg luggage even on a temp visa. So that was a bonus - wouldn't have known if I hadn't phoned them to book meals!

Originally Posted by mattvicki
We flew with them in 2003 and the food was pretty basic....penguin, crisps ham sandwich orange juice type stuff...but my son demolished it all the same...also check you have kids meals...we flew Emirates in 2005 and stupidly assumed a childs ticket would have a childs meal...consiquently our 3 yr old and 1 yr old both had a hot curry (or rather I had three!)

Matt
Old May 14th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohippy

We came in Feb & thought the food was terrible. 2 children aged 3.5 & 22 months,struggled to get them to eat. Hubby didn't hardly have anything. As for toys,we got a soft toy each at Manchester & the same toy from Singapore. The staff were great,but the food was awful - & I'm not normally some-one who complains,but even I was disappointed.
Old May 14th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woogle
We came in Feb & thought the food was terrible. 2 children aged 3.5 & 22 months,struggled to get them to eat. Hubby didn't hardly have anything. As for toys,we got a soft toy each at Manchester & the same toy from Singapore. The staff were great,but the food was awful - & I'm not normally some-one who complains,but even I was disappointed.
Oh dear, my eldest always refuses to eat airline food as it is - so looks like my hand luggage will be full of food she likes !
Old May 14th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We find Singapore Airlines great. I have only flown with them a couple of times but my husband has flown with them about 7 times in the past 15 months and has only had one flight where the food was a problem, and that is because they had a problem with the heaters.
My 19 yr old prefers to have the childrens meal and it is not a problem to them, we just book it but I must admit she does get a strange look when they come to put the sticker on the seat.
The onboard entertainment is good, there is always a good choice of films and there is also the nintendo games system. I always pack stuff for my younger daughter to do but she never gets it out of the bag.
Old May 14th 2006, 11:58 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I phoned them up and booked 2 kids meals - he said have I reserved seats? So he reserved them and then he asked if we're emigrating - he said we're entitled to 30kg luggage even on a temp visa. So that was a bonus - wouldn't have known if I hadn't phoned them to book meals!
Just a thought, did you ask them to put the baggage allowance in writing? I've heard other people were told one thing and when they got to check in were told another. I'd ring back and ask for it in writing, just to be on the safe side. When are you flying, you've not got long to go have you?
Good luck
Tracey
Old May 15th 2006, 2:12 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

We thought Qantas were better as we we flew with them last year and we flew with SA in March, there were no snack packs with SA and our daughter got something that was not any use for her age and the staff were fairly indifferent. Qantas staff were far more attentive and helpful........
Old May 15th 2006, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Tracey, I'll ask for it in writing.

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Just a thought, did you ask them to put the baggage allowance in writing? I've heard other people were told one thing and when they got to check in were told another. I'd ring back and ask for it in writing, just to be on the safe side. When are you flying, you've not got long to go have you?
Good luck
Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.