Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For what it's worth......and female eye candy!

For what it's worth......and female eye candy!

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:54 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default For what it's worth......and female eye candy!

Just a wee post about feelings when you emigrate. We've been in Gold Coast for approx 4 days - (been in Oz for about 1.5 months). We moved here for probably similar reasons that most move - good weather, outdoor life, better standard of living....and I must admit, already those things have vastly improved in our life - but I think the hard bit is that however much your previous life stunk in UK...it was still "your life"...and all the warm cuddly secure bits that go along with that. Our house is better, the city is beautifull, my boys can play outdoors, the sun is shining, people actually talk to you and smile while doing so, no judgements about class...and actually a bonus that I NEVER would have thought of ....(and must admit never really cared about..) but eye candy for women too! In UK women frequently show a bit of cleavage, but it's very rare that a man would turn my head! In the bottle shop the other day...a very buff Colin Farrell type strolled in all bare chested and all....and although I would pick my georgous hubby a million times over....the phwoar factor exploded in my face and I realised that I have a new dimention to life in Oz that I never even thought about in UK...the very presence of a phwoar factor! Cool! Anywoo....as I was saying...I love it here and I am pretty sure that I'll stay and make a good go of it....but for the 1st time I can understand why people go back to UK. Just to find a place to fit or just to snuggle back to the security of familiarariy - I mean obviously people have lots of other very real reasons....but I can see that although I now have all I wanted really from the move, that I feel a pull from UK....just to find my life again....after all, it's what I am used to. But I know I would return to the same things and just want to come back here to a truly stunning place and the promise of adventure. I guess it's all glass half full or half empty stuff! I think I'll write a list of all the reasons I left UK and keep looking at it when I feel the pull comming on! This is a bit like a dear diary entry , huh! Just I never thought I'd feel the pull at all and it the emotions I have been feeling surprised me. Just human I guess! Colette Xxx
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For what it's worth......and female eye candy!

Glad to hear you are enjoying Oz......

Yes, at first glance things do seem heaps better - weather, smiling faces etc etc....

Agree with you on the 'eye candy', must be something to do with the copious amounts of sun and lack of shirts / trousers etc etc!!!!

Have you ever talked to any of them, tho'???

My vote goes for the typical aussie man body / face, but go for the english man's sense of humour / conversation anyday!!!!

It's the 'dry' sense of humour that they lack...I think...the 'cheeky' - Whehaaayyyy!!! bit, the twinkle in the eye, the double entredre... and all that...

Still, I got me an englishman in Oz and that's not too bad either!!! Pnar Pnar!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
, the double entredre... and all that...
Can I recommend

Detailed map of Tasmania

More double entendres than you can shake a stick at,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice

Colin Farrell lookalikes..............can't wait !!!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Can I recommend

Detailed map of Tasmania

More double entendres than you can shake a stick at,

Cheers,
JTL

That'll keep me busy for a while!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:47 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Yes, at first glance things do seem heaps better - weather, smiling faces etc etc....
Not wanting to turn this into "one of those" posts - but....ok, what do ya mean by "at first"?

I wouldn't want to spoil the illusion by actually talking to these sorts - I could only be dissapointed! Actually - when I left the bottle shop I asked hubby if he had thought the bloke was like Colin Farrell and his reply was "Yup! Same lousy attitude!" (He obviously had heard him talking to the girl at the counter.) I'm also lucky to have a fairly scrummy Scots bloke in Oz - but a little eye candy never hurt anyone!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:50 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Judes2308
Colin Farrell lookalikes..............can't wait !!!
Not to be rude.... BUT bugger off...they're ALL mine....mine I tell you!
(Only Joshing - we can share!)
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:19 am
Badge

Just as well you say Aussie blokes don't have a line in conversation *and* are good looking otherwise us mere mortals would never get a look in..

Badge

Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:01 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Badge
Just as well you say Aussie blokes don't have a line in conversation *and* are good looking otherwise us mere mortals would never get a look in..

Badge
Hey, but you have the added bonus of being Scots too, don't you? That makes you immortal doesn't it? If not, I best get hubby to sit down while I tell him the bad news! Lol!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hey, but you have the added bonus of being Scots too, don't you? That makes you immortal doesn't it? If not, I best get hubby to sit down while I tell him the bad news! Lol!
We are immortal

But there can be only one...

And thats me!

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Not wanting to turn this into "one of those" posts - but....ok, what do ya mean by "at first"?

I wouldn't want to spoil the illusion by actually talking to these sorts - I could only be dissapointed! Actually - when I left the bottle shop I asked hubby if he had thought the bloke was like Colin Farrell and his reply was "Yup! Same lousy attitude!" (He obviously had heard him talking to the girl at the counter.) I'm also lucky to have a fairly scrummy Scots bloke in Oz - but a little eye candy never hurt anyone!

Well...( not wanting to turn this into "one of those posts" ), all I mean is that the weather, smiling faces, etc are at first a real novelty, but they do wear off.

Only in the respect that one gets used to them, I think. When I sit and think, it is still a real boost to everyday life, I just take them for granted now, that's all.

What seems fabulous, when you first arrive, you get 'used' to...That's all.

And Englishmen are still ( very generalised here.... ) still very much my pick. There's some lovely looking aussie men, but they don't seem to have the same "Ooomph' factor, for me, anyways.....

Not to say that aussie men aren't all good - very friendly, smiley faces and all that, especially when the sun is shining!!!! Ha-ha!!!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:36 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

I am sure your right about humour and conversation. I also get the feeling that men are really sexist and talk down to women a lot. The school drop is laden with women and not one Dad, which surprised me a little. (Barefoot and pregnant comes to mind!) But as look as there are little rays of sunshine to brighten up my day - I'll not belittle the Farell Buffs by imposing a personality onto them - but rather take that warm feeling inside that stirred up a fluttery butterfly or two and turn that into positveness in my day! Ho Hum! (Hubby will probably benifit in many way too!!!!)
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure your right about humour and conversation. I also get the feeling that men are really sexist and talk down to women a lot. The school drop is laden with women and not one Dad, which surprised me a little. (Barefoot and pregnant comes to mind!) But as look as there are little rays of sunshine to brighten up my day - I'll not belittle the Farell Buffs by imposing a personality onto them - but rather take that warm feeling inside that stirred up a fluttery butterfly or two and turn that into positveness in my day! Ho Hum! (Hubby will probably benifit in many way too!!!!)
hiya babe,hows it going good to hear your getting on well

tracey
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:59 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scissors
hiya babe,hows it going good to hear your getting on well

tracey
Hi Tracey,
Things good, but still settling in really. How is packing going? Got your tickets yet? It comes so very fast, so enjoy every minute of where you are now. xxx
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:03 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
We are immortal

But there can be only one...

And thats me!

Cheers,
JTL
Fair enough! No hang on - where does that leave my hubby - he told me he was the one and only one! Dual to the bitter end on the cards I reckon!