Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WHAT HEATING DO YOU HAVE?????

WHAT HEATING DO YOU HAVE?????

Old May 28th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

deb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to alldeb-n-rob2006 is a name known to all
Default WHAT HEATING DO YOU HAVE?????

HI

As i am sitting here in my PJ's (big fleecy ones ) and a blanket and fluffy socks, i am wondering what everyone is using for heat.
We are renting a 4 bed in Perth , which has no source of heat at all. we are using electric blow heater which we have only just got around to buying, but as i have just started work at Synergy i have realized that it is going to cost us a fortune.

All i wanted was a #Calor gas heater (ones with the bottles) as i thought that they would be better price wise. but i cant find any anywhere.

anyone got any ideas , or just let me know what you are using

thanks
debbie
Old May 28th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT HEATING DO YOU HAVE?????

I would also be interested to know what they use.

GEMS
Old May 28th 2007, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=deb-n-rob2006;4841053]HI

have you got gas bayonet point in your house if you have buy a portable gas heater very good source of heat if havent got RC aircon
Old May 28th 2007, 1:09 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb-n-rob2006
HI

i am wondering what everyone is using for heat.
thanks
debbie
"Are you awake....."
Old May 28th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

BullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Catch;4841086]
HI

have you got gas bayonet point in your house if you have buy a portable gas heater very good source of heat if havent got RC aircon
G'day

We're in Perth. Bloody cold at the moment. I've even put on a shirt over my teeshirt. Both gas heaters are on. One in the lounge, one in the kitchen. We've also got electric radiators on in the bedroom. Still cold though.

Welcome to sunny Perth. Yeah right. Don't tell me I'll get used to it, I've been here thirty years.
Old May 28th 2007, 1:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oil filled rads in bedrooms and a fandabbydozzy wood burner in the living area. Hubby was out this evening and we had no wood in I looked like some old duck with big fluffy socks on and a huge throw wrapped round me
Old May 28th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Well, I can say that we are having r/c air con put in tomorrow, so at the moment we have absolutely nothing. But I can honestly say we havent been cold yet, a bit chilly maybe - having said we still have English skin, we only arrived in March!!
S xx
p.s forgot to add that we are in Perth

Last edited by Streaks; May 28th 2007 at 1:26 pm. Reason: forgetfulness - duh
Old May 28th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

HI

As i am sitting here in my PJ's (big fleecy ones ) and a blanket and fluffy socks, i am wondering what everyone is using for heat.
We are renting a 4 bed in Perth , which has no source of heat at all. we are using electric blow heater which we have only just got around to buying, but as i have just started work at Synergy i have realized that it is going to cost us a fortune.

All i wanted was a #Calor gas heater (ones with the bottles) as i thought that they would be better price wise. but i cant find any anywhere.

anyone got any ideas , or just let me know what you are using

thanks
debbie
We lucked out that our rented house has reverse cycle and boy do we need it. Our baby monitors have got to the lowest they have ever read whilst here and bleeping at us to turn on the heat!!! I know for sure if it was 20-22 degrees in England during the day it wouldn't drop this low at night. I am sure when summer comes we will be looking forward to a little cooler weather.

J
Old May 28th 2007, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We've got reverse cycle....erm, you wait until the bills come in they are scary!

To the OP...if you want to buy a Rinnai Granada MK11 gas fire that plugs straight into the mains gas (it's only two years old) let me know. We're flogging ours.
Old May 28th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Wow, I in for a surprise by the looks of it ! I have lived in the Caribbean for 7 years now (12 months of summer.....don't own a long sleeved T-shirt anymore!!!) and have forgotten what it is like to feel cold ! In fact, my 4 year old who was born here, has never worn a long sleeved shirt. She asked me the other day why people wear mittens (she sees them in her books) and I told her becuase their hands get cold. She then asked me "Why would their hands get cold!!??"
Gosh.....it is going to be interesting for us all !!! I look forward to it !!!

Nix
Old May 28th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
We lucked out that our rented house has reverse cycle and boy do we need it. Our baby monitors have got to the lowest they have ever read whilst here and bleeping at us to turn on the heat!!! I know for sure if it was 20-22 degrees in England during the day it wouldn't drop this low at night. I am sure when summer comes we will be looking forward to a little cooler weather.

J
if we didn't had those blue skies at night in Perth, in would be just fine in Perth. The difference between day and night is unbelievable. In areas like Oakford/Glen Iris/Jandakot they often get minus temperatures at night, 15 degrees less than during the day.

The best is living close to the ocean, it's quite a bit warmer there or pray for rain (clouds) and it will be reasonable warm.

We have r/c aircon, the best thing we ever bought. We use it 80% in winter.
Old May 28th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Reverse cycle Daikins but have only ever put it on once for a giggle (and to check it worked!!!).
Old May 29th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we have underfloor heating embedded in the concrete slab...lovely warm spots all over the house, plus we have a wood fire which we have not needed yet.
However our Greek neighbours who have been here 20+ years have had theirs going for weeks- you obviously acclimitise and feel the cold more, the longer you are here.

(By the way we are in Melbourne)
Old May 29th 2007, 12:16 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Pureheat fan heater its pretty warm but not enough for the whole house, have bought a couple of portable radiators but they are crap. Only renting at the mo so cant do much about it but when we buy we will be getting double glazing and proper insulation to keep the heat in, currently paying for it to heat outside!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Pureheat fan heater its pretty warm but not enough for the whole house, have bought a couple of portable radiators but they are crap. Only renting at the mo so cant do much about it but when we buy we will be getting double glazing and proper insulation to keep the heat in, currently paying for it to heat outside!
We have reverse cycle air con which we use on heat only for a quick hit, we also have a wood burner which warms us up so much that we have to open the windows and doors sometimes to let the heat out.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.