Reload this Page >

What happens if??

What happens if??

Old Apr 27th 2003, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens if??

Hi guys

Just started looking through the PR application form that I recieved yesterday (yippee) and realised that I need proof of the past 12 years employment history. There are at least 4 years that I cannot vouch for as the company has gone out of business. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2003, 6:37 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happens if??

Originally posted by valleygirl
Hi guys

Just started looking through the PR application form that I recieved yesterday (yippee) and realised that I need proof of the past 12 years employment history. There are at least 4 years that I cannot vouch for as the company has gone out of business. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks

Sometimes you have to be a little "creative" with you CV alternatively you can contact the tax office who will be able to prove earnings for the period in question. My employer was happy to write a covering letter along with my reference which covered time I worked for him as a sub-contractor although I also worked for several other's at that time.
Sean
Old Apr 27th 2003, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ruffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Valleygirl
If you can,t prove a period of employment you can make a statutory declaration, stating who you were employed by, and what you duties were while employed by them.
I had to do this when i applied.

Old Apr 27th 2003, 7:38 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

So you lost your contracts etc with that employer? Guess it can happen...OK? Get a former colleague to 'swear' what you want to prove/ evidence. Some kind of verfiable document as they'll check, no doubt.

Cheers - Don
Old Apr 27th 2003, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by valleygirl
Hi guys

Thanks
You can also get a former to director to do the statement for you. If it is a limited company go onto http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/ and look for the company in question. Then click on ORDER and click on Annual return or current list of memebers. This will cost £3 to £4 and write to them. Alternatively with the address try and get their telephone number from directory enquiries or from http://www.bt.com/directory-enquirie...e.jsp?Atab=bus and ask them if they will sign a statement for you.

Best of luck

Terry
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

I also had this problem but managed to trace a partner of the company and got him to write a reference for me. I had been with the company for about 6 yrs.

Terry
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your help guys there are always so may questions that need to be answered that it is nice to talk to people that have been there and know!!