Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What happens after medicals approved?

What happens after medicals approved?

Old Mar 11th 2003, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happens after medicals approved?

Hello again all !

Can anyone tell me what happens once medicals and police checks have been recieved in adelaide?

- what is the next I will hear?
- how long typically is that?
- how long once I hear I have been granted the visa (positive thinking eh!!) do I have to get up to Oz house to get it into my passport?
- what if Im out of the UK when this happens ?

Thanks in abundance

Dave
Old Mar 11th 2003, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

we had our visas granted, within 2 weeks, after meds and police checks. so get packing.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that's typical as andie plus others were in a backlog from London being cleared quickly as it happened in the end.. More typical is 6 to 12 weeks according to others since, I think you letter states 3 months from submission. Plan to these timings anything quicker is a bonus.

Andie all your postings recently sound like you are on cloud 9 , keep it up!!

Mash...

Originally posted by andie
we had our visas granted, within 2 weeks, after meds and police checks. so get packing.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes mash, still smiling brissy here we come.............a little worried though, passports havent come back yet, with the little stamps in. its been 8 days. :scared:
Old Mar 11th 2003, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

janet tonge is an unknown quantity at this point

andie
sounds like you are very exited about your visa... did you go for a skilled migration if so how long did it take and did you use an agent.... sorry so many questions me and my partner have just started the ball rolling...
jan

yes mash, still smiling brissy here we come.............a little worried though, passports havent come back yet, with the little stamps in. its been 8 days. :scared:
Old Mar 12th 2003, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

hi janet, yes we used an agent, they were very helpful, concept australia in manchester, we went with hubbys skills, and yes we are excited, having waited 2years from start to finish, wouldnt you be?????? hope to go june, if ever we sell the house, thats the only thing holding us back.
Old Mar 12th 2003, 4:00 pm
gle
Forum Regular

gle is an unknown quantity at this point

2 years - that is extraordinary isn't it? I assumed 1 year is typical.
Old Mar 12th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Two weeks, that's quick ...

We have just collected our medical paper work and are now ready to return them to Adelaide with the other bits and bobs, so does this mean we are at the end of the process

Cheers,
Old Mar 12th 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What happens after medicals approved?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by windsordave

Hi we are with London AHC we have waited 3 months for reply to medicals. But as luck would have it did not get pre grant letter nor a refusal but futher information required. Our police checks came back clear, but as we had told them in our application sent Feb 01 that there was a driving conviction, they require a statement about the offence. Also was asked for a certified photo copy of marriage certificate, which is what we sent and now they have said not a photo copy. We have had another certificate done. All sent now, but have to wait till March post is opened .They are opening Decembers mail. But I know this is going to happen........Just when????

Good luck
Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janet tonge
andie
sounds like you are very exited about your visa... did you go for a skilled migration if so how long did it take and did you use an agent.... sorry so many questions me and my partner have just started the ball rolling...
jan

Jan,

We started the ball rolling in march 2002, yes we went through an agency Four Corners in Stockport, they deal with all the form filling.
We have also gone via skilled migration through my husdands trade.
We have just had our x-ray's and medicals and the forms are away for the police checks. We have been advised that our visa will follow in 12-16 weeks time.

Brendan & Karen
Old Mar 12th 2003, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the info... is march 2002 the date that the appliction was sent... so it should be just a year and a bit... well i hope it comes through soon for you both... we have to act quickly as my partners work experience time is running out cause he has been made redundant.. so we have to have his skills assessed and then apply sharpish... very stressfull!!!!
jan and lawrence

Originally posted by BJKLiffey
Jan,

We started the ball rolling in march 2002, yes we went through an agency Four Corners in Stockport, they deal with all the form filling.
We have also gone via skilled migration through my husdands trade.
We have just had our x-ray's and medicals and the forms are away for the police checks. We have been advised that our visa will follow in 12-16 weeks time.

Brendan & Karen
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

garryinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Think again!!!!

hi janet, yes we used an agent, they were very helpful, concept australia in manchester, we went with hubbys skills, and yes we are excited, having waited 2years from start to finish, wouldnt you be?????? hope to go june, if ever we sell the house, thats the only thing holding us back.

I came here 6 months ago as Skilled Independent, made a mid-life shift from another country thinking this to be much better. People will talk with raised eyebrows and singing voices about "Equal Opportunity Work Culture", no racism, ...... but the reality is quite different.
Anyway wish u a good luck.
garryinoz

Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

garryinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What happens after medicals approved?

Originally posted by windsordave
Hello again all !

Can anyone tell me what happens once medicals and police checks have been recieved in adelaide?

- what is the next I will hear?
- how long typically is that?
- how long once I hear I have been granted the visa (positive thinking eh!!) do I have to get up to Oz house to get it into my passport?
- what if Im out of the UK when this happens ?

Thanks in abundance

Dave
Shouldn't be much long. It took me 1 month to get the visa. But incase u have a medical condition then you would be at the "mercy" of the doctors on the panel in your country.
garryinoz
Old Mar 14th 2003, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janet tonge
thanks for the info... is march 2002 the date that the appliction was sent... so it should be just a year and a bit... well i hope it comes through soon for you both... we have to act quickly as my partners work experience time is running out cause he has been made redundant.. so we have to have his skills assessed and then apply sharpish... very stressfull!!!!
jan and lawrence
Janet,

October 2002, application was logged in Oz for Visa ,prior to this my husband had to complete a TRA assestment.

Hope this helps

Karen & Brendan
Old Mar 15th 2003, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

karen and brendan
so your visa has actually been processed quite quickly!! what is a TRA assessment?
jan
Originally posted by BJKLiffey
Janet,

October 2002, application was logged in Oz for Visa ,prior to this my husband had to complete a TRA assestment.

Hope this helps

Karen & Brendan
:

D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.