Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what food is better in oz?

what food is better in oz?

Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future
Default what food is better in oz?

BREAD
thai pastes and stir fry's from the stores
STEAKS in pubs and restuarants
PRAWNS - i don't even know if you can get fresh uncooked prawns that are not overcooked and rubbery in the uk
Italian food is generally better
MILK - there is more different types
MORE selection of seafood
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all
Default Re: what food is better in oz?

lovely qualityand v cheap steaks, love the t bones, out or on the barbie!!! also love chicken rissoles they are more like a fishcake(but with chicken)really but yummy with sweet chilli suace and in woolies they do these fresh chilli burgers, now my hubby likes to think he's a bit of an expert on burgers and he raved about them, lovely on the barbie with chilli and lime mayo, also in woolies by the salad section!!!! and love all tghe fresh fruit in the fruit markets, oooh could eat a proper watermlon right now!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Bread ???? You're not serious ?? Oz bread is like "eating paper"

Fresh fruit is definitely better and actually tastes of something
Meat in general, much fresher, less crap
Seafood, again much fresher

I agree about the watermelon, here (UK) they just taste like Water !!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cockney pommy
PRAWNS - i don't even know if you can get fresh uncooked prawns that are not overcooked and rubbery in the uk

Scotland actually exports King Prawns to several european countries.

Australia imports most of it's prawns from south east Asia.....so do the UK.

Australian fish farmers are not too happy.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...1-1702,00.html

Things are not always what they seem

G
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Milkshakes, Milkshakes, Milkshakes.

First thing Ill do once I get off the plane and go have a nice big banana milkshake!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and tim tams and tea!!!!! Yummy!!!!! Mind you it was 10 years ago I had that might be a bit too much for me now!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Meat, Especially Lamb and Pork 100% better here than in England
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

oh yeah,, forgot about berry smoothies, stunning hint of cinnomen!!!!!!!!! and mashies from kfc!!!!!!!!!yummy
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisaroo
oh yeah,, forgot about berry smoothies, stunning hint of cinnomen!!!!!!!!! and mashies from kfc!!!!!!!!!yummy
When I was over in Leeds we had a discussion about English bread. I was told its just not on the same level as Irish bread. Then I had some English bread..... and totally agreed.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

The meat cooked on a barbeque as you fight the flies and see the cockroaches crawl round the BBQ. Then when you sit down to eat the meat and salad that you have prepared have everyone complain about the flies on the food, depsite your best efforts to prevent this.
The best food in Oz is the food prepared indoors and eaten indoors. F**k the hot weather, it not really conducive to healthy and relaxing eating.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

never had that problem much where we were!!1
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

oh i just realised your in perth, i know what you mean there definatly more flies!!!!! when we went to perth we went to rotnest for the day and lasted there about two hours, and from bussleton down to margarets wasnt great, but saying that we were there in december, but i didnt find the city that bad to be honest, but were only there a month, flies are definatly not such a problem on the gold coast i have to say.......... even so they are bloody annoying anyway
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Last time I was here I was in South Perth and the flies didn't seem so bad. I didn't ping pong but left here in 2001and came back in 2004, and now live in the The Vines - semi rural - but even now going into Autumn they are bad, and also since the rain yesterday the Blackboys are back. Is there no end to this?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:02 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cockney pommy
don't get this how can fresh UNCOOKED prawns be OVERCOOKED and rubbery???????
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by paul30
don't get this how can fresh UNCOOKED prawns be OVERCOOKED and rubbery???????
Nice one, was actually trying to work out if someone was attempting to pull the wool, so to speak.

Lou xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.