Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is everyone hoping to gain

What is everyone hoping to gain

Old Apr 29th 2004, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default What is everyone hoping to gain

We want to go to Oz cos we feel it would give our 4 young children a better life. At the moment we are just working to live basically. Not saying it would be easier over there, but it might be.

Yes we would miss family, but the Internet is such a good thing for that nowadays, with email and webcam.

We are at the point where we feel we are getting nowhere in this country.

Just wondered why others, and so many of us want to try this big adventure.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

So, nobody knows what they are hoping to gain from Oz then.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I want become another whinging Pom ...

drink copious amounts of Victoria bitter, BBQ every night...

hear the sound of the Indian Ocean lapping the shore as I wake up...

swim & laze in my own pool, enjoy the sun...

give my kids a better opportunity in life, ditch the mortgage...

meet similar minded people and become friends...

Sail the Whitsundays, climb *The Bridge*, drive the Ocean Road...

...and basically LIVE the dream...

well, some of the above anyway...

Three Legs
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:11 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is everyone hoping to gain

Dont know what I will gain from Oz.

I think it will be a very similar experience to living in England.
You will still have the daily 9-5 working mon to fri and looking forward to the weekend.
I think people will be surprised how similar living in Oz is compared to England.

I am trying it because my girlfriend and I have tried England and now want to give Oz a go. Sure after comparing the two we will make a decision on where to set down our roots.

TT

Originally posted by midge04
We want to go to Oz cos we feel it would give our 4 young children a better life. At the moment we are just working to live basically. Not saying it would be easier over there, but it might be.

Yes we would miss family, but the Internet is such a good thing for that nowadays, with email and webcam.

We are at the point where we feel we are getting nowhere in this country.

Just wondered why others, and so many of us want to try this big adventure.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Spinks is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to live in Oz cause its seems to allow you the opportunity to have a full life. Work doesn't seem to be the be-all and end-all, having a well-rounded life does.

I could be wrong but its worth giving it a go.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point

Not exactly sure what I will gain. A new way of life that I have been dreaming of since I was a child!!! Mind you reading the posts of those who have returned to the UK they have mentioned missing things that I wouldn't have even thought about! My theory is if you don't take the chance you will never know and you can't sit there saying "if I did this and if I did that"".
Kay Cee
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:01 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

well I know that I will have the regular 'nine to five'. But... a new land , different culture than in the USA. closer to british culture. that means a lot to me. hopefully, eventually, a home in semi-rural. peaceful, less traffic, neighbors not just outside your windows. A better education system than in America.(for my children) Can vacation in beautiful New Zealand! trips into Brissy and Sydney. Thats to name a few.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:15 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point

for us it's the chance to try something new. But, in my case, without having to learn a new language. To see a new country, enjoy its different culture and hopefully give the kids a different perspective on life.

We don't imagine it will be a utopia, and we hope it will not be too disimilar to our life now, although not too similar either.

We aren't planning to stay forever, nor are we planning on coming back home. We want to see what life is like elsewhere.

And finally, if we don't do something new now, we feel we may never have the opportnity or drive to try again.

Julian
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Walk to work in the sunshine, walk home in the sunshine. Spend more time enjoying the outdoors and nature. Visit some of the world's great sights (sites!) in Uluru, Great Barrier Reef, etc.
Meet new people and try new things (surfing maybe, though I have no balance so it could be fun).
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:42 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

all year round biking weather.... what else is there?
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:44 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
all year round biking weather.... what else is there?
LOL
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:45 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by wmoore
LOL

*shrugs*
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:41 pm
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road

Midge
thought I would add my two penny worth for what it is worth...just short of five cents in new money but hey....

I am looking forward to sitting outside in the evenings more often

The sunshines more in Aus and everyone is happier in the sun

Visiting new places not the same old high streets and shopping centres

Meeting new people and extending my knowledge of others and making some additional friends, you will never lose the ones you have

Australia is huge and has many places to see and experience

go on hols to the far east for a change rather than Europe, the Med and Disney

More opportunity for the kids in a growing economy, will they get a university place here in 4/5 years time and will the applicantions for jobs increase and lessen thier chances

The life is a little more laid back 'no worries'

BBQ's and a cold crown lager with new pals

getting a contolled tan and feeling good

Playing golf in the sun and not the rain more often

sitting by the sea and not having to wear a hat and a coat

experiencing doing daily tasks differently, ferry to work in the sun or the crushed sweaty central line...now thats a hard choice!!!!

being mortgage free sooner and retiring earlier to enjoy the fruits of my labour tax free!!!

being at Darling harbour on new years eve where else is better in the world that day???????

eating more fresh fish, heathier lifestyle

Not having Eastenders and Coronation street ruling the evening and meal times

choosing a new house, car, job, pals, gym and golf club

will that do????????????????????/

Gary and Terri
Old Apr 30th 2004, 7:42 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gary / Terri
eating more fresh fish, heathier lifestyle
Eat more fish & chips you wally, walk to the chippy!

Failing that, move to Aus.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

All sound great, thanks for replying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.