Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What emotions are you experiencing running up to leaving ?

Wikiposts

What emotions are you experiencing running up to leaving ?

Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What emotions are you experiencing running up to leaving ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Carrianne

Hi Carrianne
we went to a leaving do last night! met a couple and their two children through Australian News and spookily they lived about 5 minutes from us! we'd spoken lots over the phone and they are going to Brisbane they fly out on the 10th October via Singapore! last night was their leaving do and they invited us along, all was going really well until they both made speeches, then it hit me like a ton of bricks that they will be us one day! im pretty emotional anyway, fluffy!!! so i shed a little tear, not of being scared, not of what we will be leaving behind but of a chapter closing and a new one beginning! not sure how i'll feel as the time gets closer but i do know one thing i won't have any regrets.
hugs and fluffiness
rach
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unaccustomed to public speaking.....

We're also worried about the leaving do but reckon we'd be lynched by our mates if we didn't have one however,as as any speeches go, you can forget it!!!
We've penned a ditty that we're going to record/play on the night if we don't feel up to saying a few words ourselves although I don't think Purple Ronnie has anything to worry about.
still as long as the keeps flowing.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:52 am
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been through a range of emotions, and still have 2 months to go. I have my up and down days.......I found out yesterday that a close friend of mine, who is another Birmingham supporter, we go to the same watering hole before and after home games, is moving to the Gold coast next year, with his wife and two kids. So I will have an old schoolfriend living 40 mins away from me! Happy days.

As for parties, we were going to hire a place out in Cardiff and have everyone and their dog there........but we finally decided on just close family and an evening meal.....followed by drinks back at my parents....it's just more personal that way.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

well i go in 4 weeks and it still hasnt hit me i still feel like im only going on holiday
Old Sep 29th 2003, 6:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Its hitting me in waves now OH MY GOD IT COULD BE THREE WEEKS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
I can't stop bouncing from one job to the next and feeling like nothings getting done, the emotions go somethning like
:scared: to AAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Old Sep 29th 2003, 7:54 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

I was Ok till I read this thread!! Now Im in floods!!!

Me and Colin just keep saying "Bloody hell, we are going! I cant believe we are actually going!' Some days it hits me like a lead balloon and others , Im like, 'oh, it'll be fun, if we dont like it we'll just come back'!! (Bloody expensive holiday tho'!!)

My parents are coming over in January for 3 months, so that really makes it easier to say goodbye....' See you in a few months mum!!'. I can handle that!!

My parents done the same thing back when we were kids, emigrated to Oz (but obviously came back!)I spent 7 yrs in Brisbane, and my mum keeps saying, 'Now I know how my mum felt'. That tugs at the heart strings a bit! But in general everyone says things like 'Good for you', ' Its very brave, I couldnt do it!', Im really jealous' and the best is....'Wow, thats my holidays for the next few years sorted!!'

Really, its a mad situation we find ourselves in!!