Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What on Earth does this mean?

What on Earth does this mean?

Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default What on Earth does this mean?

Hi everyone!

Was just wondering if you could help me understand this response from Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre when Hubby emailed them to ask if they could confirm our meds had arrived in Sydney:

Dear Sir,
We cannot confirm whether medicals are received by Sydney or
not. It does however appear on your file that your medicals have been
processed. Hope this helps.
Regards
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.

Any thoughts?
Should I get excited?
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What on Earth does this mean?

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Hi everyone!

Was just wondering if you could help me understand this response from Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre when Hubby emailed them to ask if they could confirm our meds had arrived in Sydney:

Dear Sir,
Regards

Any thoughts?
Should I get excited?
You should be excited that someone bothered to respond to your query
Seriously, it looks good, provided you are sure that your medicals are OK
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Dear Sir,
Regards

Any thoughts?
Should I get excited?

It looks to me as though your medicals have been looked at and recorded on yur file. Strange response though! If yur file records say they have been processed, they must have got there! I sent my medicals 18 May and don't know if they got there. My agent has advised against contacting DIMIA to ask. It is killing me not knowing if they got there by the notorious royal mail signed for and I don't know if I have a case officer to ask. It is 16 weeks now.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Dear Sir,
Regards

Any thoughts?
Should I get excited?

If this were me, I would take it that my medicals had been received and had been dealt with and would just wait for a further reply. Hope it all works out...
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:52 am
ABCDiamond

Hi everyone!

Dear Sir,
Regards

Any thoughts?
Should I get excited?
It does however appear on your file that your medicals have been processed = They have been processed.

not
= They don't know where they were processed.

Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What on Earth does this mean?

Hi everyone!

Dear Sir,
Regards

Any thoughts?
Should I get excited?
Possibly some wordplay to get around a rule/regulation on releasing information, but to me it seems like you are still on track.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:53 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitty4
It looks to me as though your medicals have been looked at and recorded on yur file. Strange response though! If yur file records say they have been processed, they must have got there! I sent my medicals 18 May and don't know if they got there. My agent has advised against contacting DIMIA to ask. It is killing me not knowing if they got there by the notorious royal mail signed for and I don't know if I have a case officer to ask. It is 16 weeks now.
If you've got an agent, make them do some work and find out if they have been recieved and what the current status is. We waited and waited after sending them off, only to discover months later they were recieved but then lost. A call from the agent could have discovered this much sooner. And our agent did eventually phone Australia to arrange compensation for us having to have 2 medicals, so the agents can contact Australia to find out.
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:59 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone!

Dear Sir,
Regards

Any thoughts?
Should I get excited?
Blimey O'Riley Just read some of the replies, especially the ones that say yes you could get excited. Looks like things are moving really quickly and we are only 3 weeks behind you What email address did you use?
Old Jul 6th 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Blimey O'Riley Just read some of the replies, especially the ones that say yes you could get excited. Looks like things are moving really quickly and we are only 3 weeks behind you What email address did you use?

Hi Anne,
I emailed the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. I was keen to find out if our meds had arrived (GP sent them by royal mail) and asked them if they could confirm because I couldn't find a contact in Sydney, and this was their answer!
I am assuming that although they can't confirm that they have been received, the fact that they have been processed, they obviously have!
Or am I just daft?
Hope to see you on 24th!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your nearly in.

Get those flights booked!!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Keep me posted Robbo2, coz if anything great happen to you then I am going to get REALLY excited about our chances!!!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manxfamily

I'm a bit reluctant to book flights without a visa....do others do it?
What happens if it doesn't come through in time? Can we buy tickets that are transferable. I'm not keen on losing too much money as we haven't got much left??!!!
Having said all this, I would love to book my flights, so advice much appreciated!
Claire. x
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Keep me posted Robbo2, coz if anything great happen to you then I am going to get REALLY excited about our chances!!!

OOh, I will indeed. Are you coming on 24th? (It's my birthday!!!)
Old Jul 6th 2005, 6:53 pm

Yes, we'll be there to buy you a birthday drink. Hope it's better than mine last week. Hardly anybody remembered and I was on my own all day until 8pm when I then had to cook dinner for everyone else

I do not intend to book our flights until we have visa and have a buyer for the house. We really need some money from the sale of our house to fund the move.

See you soon
Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:07 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Your fishing for drinks .......no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.