Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you want/expect from Aussie?

What do you want/expect from Aussie?

Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Aussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really nice
Default What do you want/expect from Aussie?

This post may not make me popular but it may make people reconsider moving.
I left London just after i was married where i lived in two rooms in 1973.
Most of my friends could not find work and moved to places like
Southend but i could not afford the train fare so i never saw them.
If i had a good job nice house family and friends around i would have stayed where i was.
Dont believe the tv soaps life is not like that in Australia.
How many places are their like Cor. street in the Uk where all the neighbours know each other?
Everybody has a least has sex with 3 people in the street and you all meet in the pub for a drink in the evening.
When you come to Aussie because we speak English dont expect it to be England.
If you lived in France would you expect everything the same?
Chocolate is sweeter here they use cane sugar not refined.
You have to adapt or you will never make it.
Most children are not surfing on the beach they are in the shopping malls with their mates or on the internet just like the UK.
We have friends ,a nice house paid for and a good job.
I wish all readers the best in Australia but forget the little things
like you cant get sour pickles.and look at what you can get.
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh, so thats why the chocolate tastes different.

I like your post, very true. People need to realise it is different, isn't that the reason for so many going.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:20 pm
ABCDiamond

I'd always wondered about the chocolate bit aswell, it's nice to know it wasn't just my taste buds changing.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want very different pop over the Channel. Britain and Oz are different but there is a lot more shared culture than the UK has with its European partners.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:47 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I like your post, very true. People need to realise it is different, isn't that the reason for so many going.

Cheers

Karen
as i keep saying, "i aint come 12000 miles for everything to be the same"
Old Jan 29th 2004, 12:59 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

I much prefer the choc in Aus... we had some flakes (used to be my fave) when we got to the UK and they were horrible... totally different. My fave choc in the world is the Milo Bar (the original one, not that horrible new one). They sell Tim-Tams in Tesco now though.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:12 am
Merlot

Originally posted by Stormz
I much prefer the choc in Aus... we had some flakes (used to be my fave) when we got to the UK and they were horrible... totally different. My fave choc in the world is the Milo Bar (the original one, not that horrible new one). They sell Tim-Tams in Tesco now though.

BooBoo on the returners pages said that Tescos do the Milo Power

Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:17 am
Badge

Originally posted by bondipom
If you want very different pop over the Channel. Britain and Oz are different but there is a lot more shared culture than the UK has with its European partners.

couldn't agree more BP

Badge

Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:19 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Tescos do the Milo Power
Some might (not maidstone unfortunately), but a Milo Bar is a chocolate bar.... nice tasty hard Milo granules surrounded by chocolate
Old Jan 29th 2004, 1:51 am
Merlot

Originally posted by Stormz
Some might (not maidstone unfortunately), but a Milo Bar is a chocolate bar.... nice tasty hard Milo granules surrounded by chocolate
Have to say I can't stand either - powder/drink or bar, I let the Australia side down badly on that one.

You will have to get some scouts around the country to see if they can find you a milo bar, better still pester Tesco's buyers to death saying the UK market is desparate for them!

Good luck in your search.
Merlot

Old Jan 29th 2004, 3:18 am
Goodpubmisser

What you say about Britain being different to Australia is true, but please don't forget that this is a British Expat website and you can expect people to talk about the old country, differences, things not available etc.

There are other Expat sites for other nationalities and a German friend of mine said that they talk about much the same thing.

Old Jan 29th 2004, 3:47 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone can get rich and famous like Kylie though. Provided they have a pert little bot.

Try saying that about the UK.