What do you miss (Aus)...

What do you miss (Aus)...

Old May 30th 2003, 1:53 pm
Badge

Default What do you miss (Aus)...

things I miss about Australia - been 3 months in UK

the NRL (National Rugby League) The Knights, Roosters etc
Endless tributes to Mr Johns
the Daily Telegraph (kind of like the Express/Mail more like the Express as it's not quite so twee as the Mail)

the "she'll be alright attitude"
the cluck cluck noise of the pedestrian crossings
Bunnings Warehouse adverts
Any pizza advert
Brekkie programme on Sydney radio - Triple J?! you can say "shit" and "bastard" on radio etc
Kath and Kim on TV
the way EVERY new car is advertised as having "AIR" AND "POWER this that"
The way on the news they say "meanwhile, elsewhere in the state.." like they've actually got a bit of land, not some cramped little isle.
"Soccer Bloody Soccer"s (SBS) art foreign films

the umpire on AFL indicating with his arms the goal or behind
-shout "how big is it!!??"

Holden HR - WBs (1970-1983 vintage utes)
aussie beer
The TAB
TimeOuts Icecream ("Feasts")
Terrigal Oval
The Footy Show & Fatty
running along the beach
bottle shops and massive bottles of New and VB for a few bucks
walking to shops/round shops in barefeet
otto bins
the funny double decker trains - CityRail
State Of Origin

STUBBIE HOLDERS - i bought back stacks

TIM TAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM TAMS in different flavours!!!

and last but not least the Aussie Sheilas!!!! blokes you have not met a more happy, easy-going, funny, confident lasses as these...

any more?!

things i dont miss:

Shane Warne

badgers

Last edited by badgersmount; May 30th 2003 at 3:08 pm.

Old May 30th 2003, 2:02 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

On the latter - supermarkets in the summer make shopping a pleasure. You know what I'm talking about. When was the last time you saw a total babe in a bikini in Asda?
Old May 30th 2003, 2:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

To echo you - the "She'll be right attitude",
the cluck cluck noise of the pedestrian crossings,
Kath and Kim on TV
aussie beer
The TAB
running along the beach
bottle shops and massive bottles of New and VB for a few bucks

Plus:
CASCADE, Cascade and more Cascade (premium lager, Hobart brewed) - have 2 bottles left!
Toyota "Bugger" ads on TV
Cadbury peppermint centred chocolate - have run out!!
Midnight Oil
Kingswood Country on TV (ever seen that, badger?)
BBQs on hot evenings by the pool
ABC news

Getting homesick now - must go and book my flight....!!!
Old May 30th 2003, 2:05 pm
Squeaking Member

Cherry Ripe. Better still Strawberry Ripe.

And of course, Tim Tams. You know Penguins suck after tasting these!!!! Go on, flame me......

Last edited by Anon E Mouse; May 30th 2003 at 2:19 pm.
Old May 30th 2003, 2:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Tams yes, lovely, but can't stand Cherry Ripe.
Do like Cadbury Snack - the one with all the different soft centres, and Life Savers .....especially the Musk ones.....
Old May 30th 2003, 2:20 pm
Squeaking Member

Originally posted by Pollyana
Tim Tams yes, lovely, but can't stand Cherry Ripe.
Do like Cadbury Snack - the one with all the different soft centres, and Life Savers .....especially the Musk ones.....

Ah but Strawberry Ripe is like a whole bar of those strawberry thangs in Cadbury's Roses.....
Old May 30th 2003, 2:26 pm
Badge

TIM TAMS I will EDIT MY POST

Old May 30th 2003, 2:28 pm
Squeaking Member

Maybe TempTims..... Add Dick Smith to the list - just the name makes me laugh. Dick Smith Electrical - sounds like something you get from the shops with the neon signs in Northbridge.....
Old May 30th 2003, 2:38 pm
Badge

ABC news

Getting homesick now - must go and book my flight....!!! [/QUOTE]

the really, really nervous "FUSH AND CHUPS" "TUN DOLLARS UND SUX CINTS" Kiwi girl on the business section of Sky

Old May 30th 2003, 2:42 pm
Squeaking Member

Originally posted by badgersmount
ABC news

Getting homesick now - must go and book my flight....!!!
the really, really nervous "FUSH AND CHUPS" "TUN DOLLARS UND SUX CINTS" Kiwi girl on the business section of Sky
I was watching a Kiwi on some DIY program the other day. Tears came to my eyes when she said to get out and sand your dick this weekend.....Of course, in NZ, your dick goes around your huss. Under the verandah......
Old May 30th 2003, 2:43 pm
Badge

Originally posted by Anon E Mouse
I was watching a Kiwi on some DIY program the other day. Tears came to my eyes when she said to get out and sand your dick this weekend.....Of course, in NZ, your dick goes around your huss. Under the verandah......

VOTE FOR THE MOST FUNNIEST POST ON EXPATS!!!!!

you have it Mouse.

Old May 30th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Went into the local Tesco the other day and they're selling Tim Tams - all 3 varieties, Milk Dark and Caramel.

I adore Cherry Ripes - YUK to the Strawberry ones. Luckily I work in a Global company and I always find out if anyone's off to Australia for a visit so I can put my order in so they can bring me back bags of them.
Old May 30th 2003, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

supermarkets in the summer make shopping a pleasure. You know what I'm talking about. When was the last time you saw a total babe in a bikini in Asda?
Her indoors is going to think it a bit odd when I start volunteering to do the shopping.
Old May 30th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

my own thing was how nice (whether it was false or not) people where when serving you, how very unlike people over here, miserable buggers, who look like you have invaded their personal space when you go to be served by them aaahhhhhhh.

Manners and a smile cost nothing.

Miss the sense of humour (sarcastic) straight talking attitude - people after my own heart.

Old May 30th 2003, 6:53 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

When i came back after 6 months i missed walking barefoot everywhere, the beach, the sound of the ocean through my bedroom window at night and violet crumble!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.