Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you appreciate?

What do you appreciate?

Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:43 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you appreciate?

Originally Posted by oshel
I love, love, love my house and my dad is selling it!!!!!!!!!!! He wanted a new house and has bought one and our's in on the market while he does a few modifications to the new house. I am trying to convince him and my mum to move to the new house, so I can stay in our house as long as possible. Our house is nice and cosy and comfy and it feels so safe.

Once I'm in that front door I know everything's gonna be alright. Sad I know!
I really do not want to go to college, I am so snug at the moment.

I woke up with a migraine and I feel worn out. If it wasnt so much hassle, I would call in sick.

I know what you mean about loving your house. I love my tatty little flat.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:55 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm......had to think very hard about this one.
obviously i appreciate my lovely kids, and that we are all fairly well healthwise.
i tend to retreat into myself to feel truly contented.....dunno if that makes sense? material possessions dont really hold my attention much......im not particularly fond of my home (its a council house for a start). I tend to look at what other people havent got (ie food, water, shelter) to make me grateful for what i do have.

that didnt make sense, but i think i know what i meant
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hmmmm......had to think very hard about this one.
obviously i appreciate my lovely kids, and that we are all fairly well healthwise.
i tend to retreat into myself to feel truly contented.....dunno if that makes sense? material possessions dont really hold my attention much......im not particularly fond of my home (its a council house for a start). I tend to look at what other people havent got (ie food, water, shelter) to make me grateful for what i do have.

that didnt make sense, but i think i know what i meant
I know what you mean, we have never lived in our own house, we have lived in 8 in the last 6 years so I hold absolutely no emotional attatchment to them whatsoever.

But because of this I do appreciate the bits and peices I have carted around with me, the photos, photo albums, ornaments etc. that each have lots of memories. Other than that I love the first 10 minutes in the morning when the kids come into the bedroom and watch cartoons whilst I try to wake up, I always feel contented when we are all snuggled up next to each other.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:35 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Sam,
Its weird at the moment for us,so many changes,having to adapt to a different way of living,,,,, for everything, in saying that everything is just so new & i love the difference,i like the fact I'm new here & folk are interested about my life? sounds strange,i dont want to be centre of attention but its nice even if it lasts all of 5mins
We moved house 5weeks ago & it feels good,we both feel content but i had to paint the place before i felt comfortable,it was dirty,grubby marks on the wall,without going into much detail it was yuk-basically & i didnt feel comfortable(strange thing was we viewed & thought the house was immaculate one viewing of a rental property just isn't enough) until i spent hours cleaning,in the end re-painting done the job, Ive done downstairs & upstairs i will leave till after Xmas,its bloody hard work didnt think i would be doing this so soon after leaving the UK,our first rental in 0z was a brand new built home & i was paranoid ,we have 3 kids & kids MAKE mess!! but we broke the tenancy & things weren't as bad as some folks had portrait they would be,even the ink stain my son left on the carpet wasn't a problem-phew!!
This house feels right & i hope we are here for at least 3/4years until we can afford to put a deposit on our 'dream home' this place has all we want at the moment.
I loved my wee house in the UK too,i thought hubby & i would be there until the end,no plans to sell what so ever until we planned to emigrate,we have to this day that wee house to thank for making our life here possible & the fact my youngest daughter was born in her bedroom!Lots of memories,you make the best of what you can in this life & it just wouldn't be the same if you didnt work dam hard for what you've got

Appreciate life Sam (i know you do),its what you make of it that counts?
dont get me wrong i dont wake up every morn with a smile on my face but when i think of both sides of the coin, i smile

Donna.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:18 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginaf
I know what you mean, we have never lived in our own house, we have lived in 8 in the last 6 years so I hold absolutely no emotional attatchment to them whatsoever.

But because of this I do appreciate the bits and peices I have carted around with me, the photos, photo albums, ornaments etc. that each have lots of memories. Other than that I love the first 10 minutes in the morning when the kids come into the bedroom and watch cartoons whilst I try to wake up, I always feel contented when we are all snuggled up next to each other.

I love my china cat collection, I have cats from Japan, Australia, Canada, Thailand, Italy and I love them all.

And I love my bedroom, with its big window and when I look outside, I can see foxes and sometimes, deer.

Silly things, but I still get excited when I see wildlife in my street.

Yesterday morning, a huge fox almost as big as Rema trotted past me he looked at me as if to say 'Morning'.

God, we are getting sentimental.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

My children - eldest is now ten and a half, he used to tell me he loved about twenty times a day and every year its less and less - so uncool , but the other day for no reason he said "I love you mum" ahhhh. My youngest (7) still tells me he loves me and it means the world to me.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:46 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
My children - eldest is now ten and a half, he used to tell me he loved about twenty times a day and every year its less and less - so uncool , but the other day for no reason he said "I love you mum" ahhhh. My youngest (7) still tells me he loves me and it means the world to me.
Yes - it`s great when kids do stuff like that - makes you feel good!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock

Yes - it`s great when kids do stuff like that - makes you feel good!!

makes it all worth while - tantrums, arguments, the fights that they have, stomping up the stairs, throwing things around in anger. sigh, I do love my peace and quiet too.