What do we do?

Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future
Default What do we do?

We have just found out that the buyers of our house have got CCJ's and we were waiting for the survey to be done. The thing is we have the usual fridge, cooker washing machine but obviously we are not going to take that all to Perth with us and been as we have to be out there by the 3 January we were kind of hoping that they may want to buy them with the house (for extra money of course). The thing is my wife wants us to sell them as soon as we can but i keep telling her "yeah thats fine if you have got something to replace them in the meantime". So my dilemma is this;- what do we do? do we put the Stuff up for sale or do we hang on and wait? We also have the packers coming round next Friday to quote all our stuff. Ooh on that note can anyone tell me can we take duck down settee, quilts and pillows? Well thanks for listening a problem shared and all that.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:31 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do we do?

We decided we werent taking fridge, chest freezer or dishwasher, we've held onto them until exchange and now are advertising them for sale since our buyers obviously dont want them as they've never mentioned it.

If you are definitely not taking them tell the shippers so, if you are unsure as to whether to take or not best to get them quoted in, you can always take them off the inventory at a later date and they will adjust the price accordingly.

Good luck the house sale goes smoothly for you
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fridge probably not worth it - do a search, loads of threads.
Cooker - also not worth it, virtually every house has one built in.

Washing machine - discussed more times on this forum than the price of lettuce - if its a front-loader.....BRING IT, don't even think about it, just pack it now!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:06 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkeymark
We have just found out that the buyers of our house have got CCJ's and we were waiting for the survey to be done. The thing is we have the usual fridge, cooker washing machine but obviously we are not going to take that all to Perth with us and been as we have to be out there by the 3 January we were kind of hoping that they may want to buy them with the house (for extra money of course). The thing is my wife wants us to sell them as soon as we can but i keep telling her "yeah thats fine if you have got something to replace them in the meantime". So my dilemma is this;- what do we do? do we put the Stuff up for sale or do we hang on and wait? We also have the packers coming round next Friday to quote all our stuff. Ooh on that note can anyone tell me can we take duck down settee, quilts and pillows? Well thanks for listening a problem shared and all that.
Just get your agent to ask the buyers if they will be wanting curtains, carpets and the appliances at a small cost and explain that you need to know now as the goods will be shipped otherwise ?

That way at least you would know
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Centurion
Just get your agent to ask the buyers if they will be wanting curtains, carpets and the appliances at a small cost and explain that you need to know now as the goods will be shipped otherwise ?

That way at least you would know
thanks everyone all the best.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieNoodles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by monkeymark
Ooh on that note can anyone tell me can we take duck down settee, quilts and pillows?
I spoke to our shippers today and they said that we can take duck down quilts and pillows. Apparantly they are ok and best to take them as they are so expensive to buy in Australia.

Good luck.

Maggienoodles.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:55 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Fridge probably not worth it - do a search, loads of threads.
Cooker - also not worth it, virtually every house has one built in.

Washing machine - discussed more times on this forum than the price of lettuce - if its a front-loader.....BRING IT, don't even think about it, just pack it now!

How much is the price of lettuce in Aus..???