Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do they look like?

What do they look like?

Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:03 pm
Badge

Default buying drinks

lol sometimes it can be an advantage...

at a rugby pub in Twickenham before one of the French warm up games, I was right at the front, in front of the bar staff, and pariently allowed her to serve a few people to either side, as they had arrived either just before or around the same time, and it was obvious that I was next, in a prime location to boot, and the stupid barmaid served a tall bloke who had just arrived...at the other end of the bar...

I made it quite clear who was next, and she was very apolegetic..and I bought a beer for the tall bloke as well...

Badge

Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

we're both 5"8
Old Dec 16th 2003, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Badge is a stunner so is Footie and Jamesy in fact most of the Brighton meet lot would put the Aussies to shame!! Far too good -looking for them!!

I really enjoyed that last pictue thread but I couldn't post as no-one knew we were leaving then, might just add to it soon now though.

OzT I am sure I remember you having reddish hair and freckles or am I losing the plot again??
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:08 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
Bundy are you reading this? I'll leave you to explain why you thought I was a woman booboo - the thought police on this site don't think I am. .

OzTennis
I am now...few hours later. See, it happens to the best of us!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:10 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying drinks

Originally posted by badgersmount
lol sometimes it can be an advantage...

at a rugby pub in Twickenham before one of the French warm up games, I was right at the front, in front of the bar staff, and pariently allowed her to serve a few people to either side, as they had arrived either just before or around the same time, and it was obvious that I was next, in a prime location to boot, and the stupid barmaid served a tall bloke who had just arrived...at the other end of the bar...

I made it quite clear who was next, and she was very apolegetic..and I bought a beer for the tall bloke as well...

Badge

Mr Bundy always sends me forth to buy the drinks...being tall and female and lunging over the bar waving wads of cash seems to help, although which of those attributes helps the most is anyone's guess!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:16 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

You guys gave got to start talking cm's, metres and kilograms!!

I don't get it!
And Oz is metric too!

Anyway.... I'm 1 metre 68 cm.
I guess you guys are taller (it's not hard), but I don't know how tall

I know, I'm on a british forum, but aren't you guys officially metric now too? Or did I just imagine that?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

All this talk of size could bring back Finbar.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm 5ft 71/2 (that 1/2 inch is very important!) but I haven't got a clue what that is in cm! Blim is 5ft 10. Sprog's projected height is 6ft 3 inches... if he grows up in Aus, he could help out their rugby team!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:34 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Larissa
Well, I'm 5ft 71/2 (that 1/2 inch is very important!) but I haven't got a clue what that is in cm! Blim is 5ft 10. Sprog's projected height is 6ft 3 inches... if he grows up in Aus, he could help out their rugby team!
That half inch IS important! My uncle is 6ft 7 AND A QUARTER and heaven forbid that anyone should forget that last quarter...

6ft 3...good height. Kids are supposed to tower over their parents.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:33 am
WBB

Originally posted by bundy
That half inch IS important! My uncle is 6ft 7 AND A QUARTER and heaven forbid that anyone should forget that last quarter...

6ft 3...good height. Kids are supposed to tower over their parents.
well god help my kids, i am 6'6"

:scared:

Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:41 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

They reckon that if you measure a boy at 2 years old he will be half his adult height...that's good, my son will be the same as his Dad 6ft 4".

And if you measure a girl at 18 months old she will be half her adult height, mmmm...not so good for my girl...6ft 4' just like her father then!!!!:scared:

Any womens basketball teams in oz??
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj

OzT I am sure I remember you having reddish hair and freckles or am I losing the plot again??
Page 15 of the thread with the pics Tina, you be the judge. I tell my wife my hair is brown she says it is fair/ginger!

OzTennis

Oh and metrication is another example of Britain picking the bits of EU membership it likes and doesn't like Simone. (no debate please on Euro etc, look at the big grin).
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:08 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by OzTennis
Page 15 of the thread with the pics Tina, you be the judge. I tell my wife my hair is brown she says it is fair/ginger!
That's red - I've seen the photo, and you're redder than Mrs DUP, and she's definitely a redhead!!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What do they look like?

Originally posted by debsy
Hi everyone.
Last night there were quite a few of us in the chatroom and we were all saying to each other what we thought each other looked like.

We all have our own perceptions and I was just wondering what everyone else thought some of the members looked like or who they though they would resemble.

I would be interested to hear your comments!!
Mmmmm don't really get very specific impressions of people but have seen a few pictures which always surprise me.

I imagined PB as overweight, red haired and red faced

I imagine Mr Mover wearing shorts, a Rivers checked shirt and R J Williams boots.

I imagine Pete-Y as fairly short and wiry with light brown hair.

I imagine Meglamania (or whatever his name is) with huge white sharkey teeth.

Florida2003 with a enigmatic smile.

Ceri with a long neck and a piece of grass hanging out of her mouth.

Badger sort of short and stocky with skunk stripes in his hair

Tracey W with large bambi-like eyes.

Tina J sort of pink and bouncy

Bondipom, bearded with a penchant for red hats.

Last edited by Sunlover; Dec 17th 2003 at 10:16 am.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom
That's red - I've seen the photo, and you're redder than Mrs DUP, and she's definitely a redhead!!
Nup, must have been the scanner or the camera, I'm definitely not a redhead as in Nicole Kidman or Mark Woodforde or Mrs DUP.

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.