Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do people do in their spare time?

What do people do in their spare time?

Old May 12th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default What do people do in their spare time?

I am moving to Brisbane/Gold Coast in September and was wondering what clubs/groups etc. people belong to? I am youngish (30), married (but happy to go alone) fairly fit and sociable and would love to take up a few new hobbies. Any recommendations?
Old May 13th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What do people do in their spare time?

Surely people must do something in their spare time???!
Old May 13th 2009, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

If you're sporty netball is a good bet, likewise touch rugby, but you'll probably need to have played before to get into a social team. Lots of outdoor orientated things, walk/run/swim/cycle - you'll see loads of people getting out and about without having to join a club. Alternatively my own personal favourite involves copious wine sampling....
Old May 13th 2009, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillyG
I generally think of ladies in lingerie.
Old May 13th 2009, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
Old May 13th 2009, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

In the words of Austin Powers "that's not my bag baby!"
Old May 13th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I run, cycle and go to the gym - I only work part-time and exercise everyday. It's a very good way of meeting people, particularly if you can work out in the mornings.

I am also in to eating out, as is a girlfriend of mine, so we go into the city at least once a month and try a new restaurant and usually a few glass of wine!
Old May 13th 2009, 5:22 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillyG
rock climbing, hiking, running, various other sporting bits and pieces, fishing, camping, going to the beach at weekends, drinking in pubs (and at home), going to the movies, eating out with the mrs, hanging out with friends at their place or ours.

And then we had a baby.
Old May 13th 2009, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Play world of warcraft ! that takes up every waking moment
Old May 13th 2009, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
Play world of warcraft ! that takes up every waking moment
Did you miss out the 'n' from 'waking' deliberately?
Old May 13th 2009, 5:34 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
I run, cycle and go to the gym - I only work part-time and exercise everyday. It's a very good way of meeting people, particularly if you can work out in the mornings.
Agree completely. Training and sport are excellent ways to meet people and get involved with something in common from the word go.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a crew leader at the local fire brigade, that takes up a lot of my spare time, particularly in the summer.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renth
I'm a crew leader at the local fire brigade, that takes up a lot of my spare time, particularly in the summer.
Crew leader-what does that involve? Is it voluntary?
Old May 13th 2009, 8:20 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Spare time? What's that?

I'm retired so don't have spare time. If you don't believe it - just wait!
Old May 13th 2009, 8:21 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

I'll second that, you can get magazines to help as well

Cooler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.