Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do I do about going to the doctors?

What do I do about going to the doctors?

Old Dec 29th 2006, 2:58 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Default What do I do about going to the doctors?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm not well and don't want to sit here ages searching through past posts.

We have registered with medicare, but what do I do about actually going to see a doctor?

We live in Safety Bay, near Rockingham if that's any use.

Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:15 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do I do about going to the doctors?

Just phone one and make an appointment.

We went to see ours first just to make sure we were on the same wavelength, but it's not necessary.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:16 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glenat
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm not well and don't want to sit here ages searching through past posts.

We have registered with medicare, but what do I do about actually going to see a doctor?

We live in Safety Bay, near Rockingham if that's any use.

Find a Dr's surgery, go in, wait a bit, see the Dr.

It's easy. You don't have to register with one particular practice or anything, you can see whichever Doctor you like. If it's a bulk billing one then you won't need to pay, if it's private, then expect to pay for your appointment.

Get well soon.

S
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:23 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

your first appt with the doc is usually a bit longer and therefore more expensive, but you do get some back from medicare.

hope you are feeling better soon

fee
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:29 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
your first appt with the doc is usually a bit longer and therefore more expensive, but you do get some back from medicare.

hope you are feeling better soon

fee
Do I still need to pay if the doctor's says bulk billing? I'm really confused by this bulk billinig thing.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:33 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glenat
Do I still need to pay if the doctor's says bulk billing? I'm really confused by this bulk billinig thing.
No, If you are registered with Medicare, Bulk Billing means that the Doctors only charge the government schedule fee for the consultation, which they recoup off of Medicare directly on your behalf. You will pay nothing.

Get yourself off to the Doctor now, stop sitting infront of your computer!

S
Old Dec 29th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future

And consider medical insurance in the first year - no age loading fee as new arrival.