Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do after landing

What to do after landing

Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:00 am
Just Joined

cd100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What to do after landing

I have got the 136 visa. After i land to Australia i have to complete all the formalities on Airport and that is all. I do not have to go to DIMIA for any other formalities. Am i correct on this? If yes, then What about "Photo identity card" for PR holder. We have Photo identity card issued for PR holder aprt from passport stamping in Singapore. What is the identity card used in Australia?
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:06 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do after landing

Originally Posted by cd100
I have got the 136 visa. After i land to Australia i have to complete all the formalities on Airport and that is all. I do not have to go to DIMIA for any other formalities. Am i correct on this? If yes, then What about "Photo identity card" for PR holder. We have Photo identity card issued for PR holder aprt from passport stamping in Singapore. What is the identity card used in Australia?
Supposedly make sure the actual visa holder goes through first at immigration with passport, slip of paper they give you on the plane to fill out, and that's it - Robert's your dads brother.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Supposedly make sure the actual visa holder goes through first at immigration with passport, slip of paper they give you on the plane to fill out, and that's it - Robert's your dads brother.

Thanks a lot for your reply. What is the identity card used there? If there is no identity card in Australia, then do i have to carry Passport all the time?
There must be some card used for photo identity?
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:38 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your reply. What is the identity card used there? If there is no identity card in Australia, then do i have to carry Passport all the time?

Where have you gotten this 'Identity card' thing from??? - has Charles Clarke become the new Australian Home Secretary ;-)

Only ID we have with us is our Aussie driving licence
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:43 am
Just Joined

Where have you gotten this 'Identity card' thing from??? - has Charles Clarke become the new Australian Home Secretary ;-)

Only ID we have with us is our Aussie driving licence
In Singapore, All PR holder have photo identity card apart from their passport entry and driving licence. Singapore visa office(like DIMIA) issue
this card along with the PR stamping and this card suppose to be keep always and upon asking anytime should show. So i was asking.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:46 am
Banned

In Singapore, All PR holder have photo identity card apart from their passport entry and driving licence. Singapore visa office(like DIMIA) issue
this card along with the PR stamping and this card suppose to be keep always and upon asking anytime should show. So i was asking.
There is no requirement to carry an Identity card here (yet )

Although I have heard if you want to move to the Southside (Cleveland) area, you have to have a 'Bayside Brits' (Little Britain) ID card issued to let you in.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Although I have heard if you want to move to the Southside (Cleveland) area, you have to have a 'Bayside Brits' (Little Britain) ID card issued to let you in.
However if you are not British, would this apply too? Or do you have to put on an English/Scottish/N Irish/Welsh accent to get hold of one of these ID cards to be allowed in Bayside Brisbane?

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 14th 2006, 5:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
However if you are not British, would this apply too? Or do you have to put on an English/Scottish/N Irish/Welsh accent to get hold of one of these ID cards to be allowed in Bayside Brisbane?

Mrs JTL
You could be on dodgy ground if you're not of British stock. The ex-pats police might come looking for you as a non-brit in Bayside
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:31 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

There is no requirement to carry an Identity card here (yet )

Yup - in the Northside you dont need an ID card since the "red on your neck" that you develop when living there precludes the need to carry one
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:00 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Its called a drivers license
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:02 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Its okay mate. Oz is alot more chilled than Singapore
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yup - in the Northside you dont need an ID card since the "red on your neck" that you develop when living there precludes the need to carry one

The accent possessed by 232Bar even confuses The Bloke! I keep saying "This guy is English" but he's not convinced. he said "but Auf Wiedersehn Pet had subtitles ......."
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

The European's are quite hot on IDs. I used to get stopped in Luxembourg and asked for my papers.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

The accent possessed by 232Bar even confuses The Bloke! I keep saying "This guy is English" but he's not convinced. he said "but Auf Wiedersehn Pet had subtitles ......."

Sounds perfectly good English to me . nowt wrang with the oour accent.
Mandy
Old Jul 14th 2006, 11:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Sounds perfectly good English to me . nowt wrang with the oour accent.
Mandy
Ay, I don't have a problem, its my poor well-spoken Aussie Bloke that can't cope!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.