Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do about travel insurance?

What to do about travel insurance?

Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

IpswichToSydney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do about travel insurance?

Hi All,

I know the travel insurance issue has been covered before but I'm still confused on what to do.

Basically we're travelling to Sydney via LA on the 23rd of Nov, staying in LA for a few days. When we arrive in Sydney we are planning on travelling around for a couple of months, whilst we can

I've phoned the travel insurance companies mentioned in previous threads and all of them so far have said that as it's one way the policy ends when we arrive in Sydney. So what do I need to do to have cover for the travelling in Oz? I expect I have to get another policy over there. Is this the case?

What has everyone else done when travelling around first? I imagine it's quite common.

Sorry to raise the whole insurance thing again,

Thanks in advance,

Chad

Ps. Watched Kath and Kim the other day for the first time on FTN ( I think that's the channel ) thought it was really funny, the new series starts tomorrow at 9pm apparently
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to do about travel insurance?

Originally posted by IpswichToSydney
Hi All,

I know the travel insurance issue has been covered before but I'm still confused on what to do.

Basically we're travelling to Sydney via LA on the 23rd of Nov, staying in LA for a few days. When we arrive in Sydney we are planning on travelling around for a couple of months, whilst we can

I've phoned the travel insurance companies mentioned in previous threads and all of them so far have said that as it's one way the policy ends when we arrive in Sydney. So what do I need to do to have cover for the travelling in Oz? I expect I have to get another policy over there. Is this the case?

What has everyone else done when travelling around first? I imagine it's quite common.

Sorry to raise the whole insurance thing again,

Thanks in advance,

Chad

Ps. Watched Kath and Kim the other day for the first time on FTN ( I think that's the channel ) thought it was really funny, the new series starts tomorrow at 9pm apparently
Take a look at outbackerinsurance, they may have the kind of policy you need.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:22 pm
Melbourne wannabe

Sparkley is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got multi trip annual worldwide cover for a couple from www.insureandgo.com for £65!!! They do packages for backpacking around Oz etc - may be worth a look.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that young_lad,

I'd already tried phoning them but they didn't answer the phone, maybe they are really busy. I've emailed them now so hopefully they will reply with the type of policy I'm looking for.

Cheers,
Chad
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Sparkley & Rossi,

I've just spoken to them, the same as most of these companies as soon as you tell them you are staying in Australia they say in that case the policy will expire when you arrive. I can get insurance coverage for the flight and the stay in LA but not the travelling in Oz part. Do I just lie and say that I might be coming back? Speaking to one of the companys they said if I did that then if I become ill they will fly me back to the UK for medical treatment?? All a bit confused again now :-(

thanks,

Chad

Ps. Sorry about the duplicate message by the way, is it possible to remove this? I tried and it said I didn't have the correct permissions.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by IpswichToSydney
thanks for that young_lad,

I'd already tried phoning them but they didn't answer the phone, maybe they are really busy. I've emailed them now so hopefully they will reply with the type of policy I'm looking for.

Cheers,
Chad
No problem Chad.

Could you post back on here if you get a reply from them?

Cheers
young_lad