Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do 10 hours in Dubai?!

What to do 10 hours in Dubai?!

Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:49 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to do 10 hours in Dubai?!

We'll change planes in Dubai and have to wait almost 10 hours. I'm asking that cause will be night hours...shopping, drinking, eating...what else? Emirates is our choice, they have an excellent quality services.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future
Default Re: What to do 10 hours in Dubai?!

Originally Posted by skywalker
We'll change planes in Dubai and have to wait almost 10 hours. I'm asking that cause will be night hours...shopping, drinking, eating...what else? Emirates is our choice, they have an excellent quality services.
You could always book a dayroom in the airport( bed, tv, showers, alarm call) I did that in Bangkok, then had a foot massage before boarding next leg.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:22 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Smile Re: What to do 10 hours in Dubai?!

Oooo ten hours is a long time to wait....I'd suggest a day room too!! There is only so much shopping one can do in Dubai!!

Would even bore me and I'm a shopaholic!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:28 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I just read some opinions about poor services of Dubai Airport, long wait at customs and personnel not very friendly...anyway is just one stop.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Plucking up the courage to go for a smoke in one of those lovely glass boxes with very poor ventilation where you just need to inhale once to get a full years worth of nicotine :scared: . Erm go round poking all the people who are asleep under seats . Hmmm letting down the tyres on those bloody annoying golf carts that beep you out of the way every 5 seconds grrrrrr . Oh a good one pop in the Irish bar lovely place very friendly staff a good way to pass a few hours
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:05 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about streaking across the tarmac for a bit?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:03 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I just read some opinions about poor services of Dubai Airport, long wait at customs and personnel not very friendly...anyway is just one stop.

My wife got taken in to a side room and searched by a couple of veiled female security guards. Also be aware that if they find drugs in your bloodstream it counts as possession. Even some "kosher" medicines in the UK are illegal in UAE and could get you in deep sh*t...

"Tracy Wilkinson, 44, from Balcombe, West Sussex, tested positive for codeine, which is banned in Dubai but was legally prescribed by her UK GP."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/4500665.stm
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

JG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really niceJG04 is just really nice

Are you able to take advantage of the nearby very reasonable 5 star luxury hotels?!
At least when I lived in Abu Dhabi they were very cheap, we used to head up for a weekend and spoil ourselves!
In all the Middle Eastern airports I've been through women always get scanned/searched in another room. Nothing to worry about unless you've got something to worry about!! Good luck!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Hi ! We emigrated with emirates from Glasgow - Sydney last year. Because the wait is more than 8 hours (we were 10 hrs between flights too ) emirates gave us a room at the local millenium copthorne hotel plus free transfers and vouchers for a snack and breakfast.Apparently it's their policy.When we checked in at the airport we had to go to the emirates desk first and ask for the accommadation voucher - nae borra at all ! It was great to have the break, especially with the kids and a real bed and bathroom to use too ! Hope this helps. ask UR travel agent to check or phone them direct , they were very helpfull.
All the best,
Tass.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Thought about asking in the ME section? I'm sure you could get some other suggestions on what to do there...
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:07 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Go first class. They have a first class lounge in Dubai with bedrooms and en-suite showers. Failing that......take a book...
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hit the water park at the Jumeirah Beach hotel ...
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

We went there last year, the best way to see the sites is to get a cab around Dubai. We were too early to visit the gold soukes(not sure how to spell it)! so we met this lovely little man from Banglidesh who gave us a guided tour in his cab around Dubai. Total cost for about 1 1/2 hours was about £7!! Well worth it! Also back in Dubai airport the Irish Pub is definitely worth a visit. They do a lovely all day breakfast!!
Jox
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:44 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Codeine????? WOAH! I had Codeine tablets in my bag when we stopped off at Dubai (to change planes). They were prescribed for a partially slipped disc and I had put a large 'red' cross on them as someone once suggested to me.

I think it is silly really, especially if you are just staying put in the airport and changing planes. I know different countries have different rules, but medication prescribed by a Dr. seems a little OTT IMHO

Susan
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:33 pm
Gold Member

Originally Posted by joanneS
We went there last year, the best way to see the sites is to get a cab around Dubai. We were too early to visit the gold soukes(not sure how to spell it)! so we met this lovely little man from Banglidesh who gave us a guided tour in his cab around Dubai. Total cost for about 1 1/2 hours was about £7!! Well worth it! Also back in Dubai airport the Irish Pub is definitely worth a visit. They do a lovely all day breakfast!!
Jox
Sounds good, but at midnight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.