Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What did you put as a Shipping address??....

What did you put as a Shipping address??....

Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:56 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice
Default What did you put as a Shipping address??....

....when you haven't got anywhere in australia yet??

This must be a common problem?? Can anyone tell me how they handled this??
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: What did you put as a Shipping address??....

Originally Posted by GrantP
....when you haven't got anywhere in australia yet??

This must be a common problem?? Can anyone tell me how they handled this??
would also be interested in any replies
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:18 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice
Default Re: What did you put as a Shipping address??....

We kept in contact with them to let them know where we're staying, but we still needed to give them an address in the first place. For us we had to use Gav's hotel to start with even though we weren't expecting our stuff to arrive for months, then just told them when we moved into a proper place.
(we still haven't got it actually even though it's been sitting in Sydney since 27th July... )

sorry, that wasn't much help really was it?
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

We used my aunt's address as she is living in the suburb we have moved to. LOL sorry that hasn't helped you either. Can't the shpping company advise you, I mean like you said it is bound to be a common problem.

I hope you get sorted out
Katie
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:33 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I would be interested in this too. We have both applied for Sim cards / mobile phone numbers before we leave from uniwireless (from a link provided by our shipping company) so will use those as contact numbers. My concern is that the container could arrive before we do (and these phone numbers won't be active until we arrive).
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:36 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

No, that's fine guys!! ...That's all we needed to know!! thanks!!

I was just wondering whether you can change the address at any time!! ...and you always get a good responce of this forum, so I didn't bother contacting the shipping company!!!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:53 pm
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by worzel
I would be interested in this too. We have both applied for Sim cards / mobile phone numbers before we leave from uniwireless (from a link provided by our shipping company) so will use those as contact numbers. My concern is that the container could arrive before we do (and these phone numbers won't be active until we arrive).
I'm sure they'll have the sense to store your stuff until they can organise a delivery date with you!! ...you might be in for some storage charges if that happens though???
Old Aug 15th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GrantP
No, that's fine guys!! ...That's all we needed to know!! thanks!!

I was just wondering whether you can change the address at any time!! ...and you always get a good responce of this forum, so I didn't bother contacting the shipping company!!!
We changed our address when arranging delivery as we had moved into our own rented place by then. It was no worries at all.

Katie
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

We just put the address for where we are staying for 5 weeks, then we'll change it as soon as we can

Sue x
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

A few people moving to Adelaide are using my address!

Do you know anyone that can help where you are moving to?

gd
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:31 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We needed an address to get our cat's permit sorted and we dont have any friends or family out there.

Luckily a new friend I made via my forum has let us use her address as a contact.

It seems a bit crazy to me and god knows what we'd have done if we didnt have the internet!!!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

I don't know the people using my address either!

gd
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:40 pm
Welsh Member!!

Thanks for all your info guys!! Seems I'm worrying about nothing!!

We've organised for PSS to come and pick up our stuff on Thursday!!!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 5:41 pm
Welsh Member!!

Originally Posted by bridiej
We needed an address to get our cat's permit sorted and we dont have any friends or family out there.

Luckily a new friend I made via my forum has let us use her address as a contact.

It seems a bit crazy to me and god knows what we'd have done if we didnt have the internet!!!
Hi Bridie!!

How's things going for you?? ...I keep scanning the forum expecting your 'I got it' to appear at any time!!??

Grant