Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what did or are you going to do

what did or are you going to do

Old May 27th 2003, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question what did or are you going to do

When and if or when you got your visa ??

Let me guess most I bet most got very drunk ?

Did family celebrate with you or was it a mundane affair?

This feeling now is excitment and stress as my medicals go on their way.

Hubby said we will crack open a very expensive bottle of champagne we got at our wedding as you cannot import drink over there. Not sure what we will do !

What does everyone else intend or done when/if they get their visa ?
Old May 27th 2003, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what did or are you going to do

Originally posted by Carrianne

Hubby said we will crack open a very expensive bottle of champagne we got at our wedding as you cannot import drink over there. Not sure what we will do !

Hi all,

Firstly a drink and some deep thought. Its time then to confirm to the disbelievers in the family that you are definitely going.

See you there!

Phil.
Old May 27th 2003, 12:41 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what did or are you going to do

Originally posted by Carrianne

Slap up curry for the two of us if I remember correctly.

We had a bash in London on the weekend we flew for (as my sister-in-law puts in) those that still do.... Reserved half a pub, went clubbing then crashed in a hotel.

Oh, there were a few family visits and a few too many goodbyes. Just *dont* even think about doing an airport goodbye. Very bad move.

Mouse
Old May 27th 2003, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: what did or are you going to do

When we get our visas Im gonna decorate the outside of the house with a blow up kangaroo and some corks on strings!!!

We are then going off to the fantastic rainforest cafe in London for a big slap up meal and then Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!!

After that comes the promise I made to my husband if he managed to get accepted.... (yes I was drunk) a tattoo of a kangaroo on my butt.

We have just had the request for meds today so wont be far away!!!!

Old May 27th 2003, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

"After that comes the promise I made to my husband if he managed to get accepted.... (yes I was drunk) a tattoo of a kangaroo on my butt."

Well, we do keep getting told that Aus is the arse end of the planet....
Old May 27th 2003, 1:44 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gareth W
"After that comes the promise I made to my husband if he managed to get accepted.... (yes I was drunk) a tattoo of a kangaroo on my butt."

Well, we do keep getting told that Aus is the arse end of the planet....

Brilliant......this thought will keep me :scared:

We had a bottle of wine, phoned the whole family, back in the UK..cause we came out on a 457 in the hope we got one. Then I spent the next day Dec 19th 2002 at a works do draped in an Aussie Flag! I don't want to think what I will do when we get Citizenship

Cheers

Last edited by Sandra; May 27th 2003 at 5:27 pm.
Old May 27th 2003, 4:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

well after over 18 months wait i really should have a good answer to this, what will i do?

Faint probably ! !
Old May 27th 2003, 5:05 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in Thailand on holiday. I got a printout of the email approval in principle from an internet cafe and took it back to my wife and little Don on the beach, we did a little dance with many a whoop and hurrah, got a very nice lunch and drinkies to celebrate, had to be a bit restrained though with a toddler in charge.

Read that printout about a thousand times befoe we left Thailand and we've still got it, very grubby and stained but a great memento.

Cheers - Don
Old May 27th 2003, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Took the kids to Pizza Hut and once we got them to bed popped open a bottle of bubbly we'd been saving for such an occassion!

Ginny
Old May 28th 2003, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Nice to see - Shall be keeping an ear out for the tattoo then.