Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What did you find when you started packing??

What did you find when you started packing??

Old Aug 13th 2005, 12:01 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: What did you find when you started packing??

Originally Posted by Paylia
Don't worry Tracey!
Last week affter 20 trips to the tip, 10 trips to the hospice shop, - our packers arrived and packed 284 boxes and cartons into the container :scared: yes thats not a typo - 284
Can totally relate - after going to the tip/hospice shop so often they got to know me by name, we still brought countless boxes - including 87 crates of books - over here :scared:

Good luck with the move!

Cheers
Anya.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:04 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Can totally relate - after going to the tip/hospice shop so often they got to know me by name, we still brought countless boxes - including 87 crates of books - over here :scared:

Good luck with the move!

Cheers
Anya.
I'm letting my lot take anything they want as long as it fits in their suitcase....this seems fair to me....

DE-CLUTTER IS THE NEW GOD......
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi just noticed you are in lincolnshire where abouts are you

Immingham today and Perth tomorrow!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paylia
Don't worry Tracey!
Last week affter 20 trips to the tip, 10 trips to the hospice shop, - our packers arrived and packed 284 boxes and cartons into the container :scared: yes thats not a typo - 284
I only plan on taking about 25 boxes. I'm not taking many household items apart from my christmas dinner service and a couple of ornaments so it's mainly just photos and kids toys plus a few books and cds everything else is going!!!

I just want a totally new start and am looking forward to buying all new when I get there . Mind you, that novelty will probably wear off pretty quickly.

Are you taking all your furniture etc?
Old Aug 15th 2005, 11:00 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We had our 3rd and last car boot on Sunday. Only raised £80 and spent 1/3rd of it on wine and pizza afterwards.

We still ended up taking a car full to the tip, have enough for yet another trip (will be about our 10th in total). We have about 10 boxes for a charity shop.

But we will still fill a 20ft container.

The only interesting thing we are finding is the bodies of mice and frogs that the cats have caught.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 1:34 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Found two envelopes containing letters my girls wrote to santa, they had done him a lovely picture each and asked if he had had a big rest, then they put a big wish list.
The spelling was brilliant!!
Brought a lump to my throat to be honest they are now both mini teenagers (11 & 12), I'm keeping them in my memory box.

Carole