Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What did YOU do on Australia Day??

Wikiposts

What did YOU do on Australia Day??

Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst summer ever is the word on the streets WBB. I did some body surfing on the shoreys to help keep the arm muscles going. Last year the flat days were the exception, this year the opposite. The only good thing is that I was on call so I could not surf anyway.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...087961048.html

This is what Sydney did. The city was largely closed to traffic and tens of thousands (possibly more) paid homage to old Holdens and Fords the length of Macquarie Street and some adjoining streets.

Even some classic utes.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

more photos please anyone in oz, we need them as its freezing and we are all still stuck here!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Swifts
more photos please anyone in oz, we need them as its freezing and we are all still stuck here!
Freezing is a understatement !!

footie chick who desperately needs some sun
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally posted by Swifts
Tall ships round the Opera House. The weather was as perfect as it looks. Not too hot even for Dotty.
Attached Thumbnails What did YOU do on Australia Day??-img_0092.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2004, 8:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you enjoyed them guys .

Sandy, the beach is at the top (north) of South Stradbroke Island, an area called Northern Bedrooms. Only accessible by boat, which is why you can see some boats in the background moored up. We go there quite often.

Jeannie LOL, a spunk = a gorgeous guy .

Boo boo - Happy brithday!

Bondi, it certainly looks flat, but nice pics all the same.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:07 am

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Sandy, the beach is at the top (north) of South Stradbroke Island, an area called Northern Bedrooms. Only accessible by boat, which is why you can see some boats in the background moored up. We go there quite often.

It is flat on the Goldie as well. All very depressing when I am on arvo shift.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Yes I see that now... ........and he must be the reason you always come accross so happy and cheerfull..........
Old Jan 26th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Well I spent Australia Day at my Sisters house, having the traditional BBQ, and drinking my favourite champers.

There were quite a few of us there, along with all the kids. Weather was fine but not hot, so pleasant for sitting outside.

Here's a photo of some of the kids on their bikes.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails What did YOU do on Australia Day??-aust_day_kids.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:03 am

Hopefully in 2 years time I can do one of those Aussie day citizenship ceremonies. Did anyone see the surfer turn up in his boardies, rashy and surf board for the ceremony?

Mr Shuddupyaface got his citizenship as well.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

The fireworks in Perth were great but it was spoiled by the piss head hoons screaming obscenities, throwing bottles and eventually brawling.

There was a thousand man brawl in South Perth apparently.

Not pleasant for families and the so called zero tolerance approach to alchohol was non-existent in Langley park.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:39 am
owieb

Dagboy & the little Dagboys
Where's the picture of you MrsDagBoy in your skimpy bikini?

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:43 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: What did YOU do on Australia Day??

What did you all do on Australia Day?
I thought it was called invasion day myself ( The aborigines call it this) - Anyone see the Brisbane protests?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:51 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did YOU do on Australia Day??

We spent the day getting the house ready for our stuff to arrive from the UK. Its amazing how much crap and paperwork we have accumalated. We did have a barbi though for that authentic aussie feel.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:54 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i spent most of the day in bed with my gf, in the morning to recover from the triplej hottest 100 party, and in the arvo for, erhum.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.