Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What courier did you use?

What courier did you use?

Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:20 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default What courier did you use?

Hi everyone,

Well the time has nearly come for all our certified docs to leave us and wing their way to our agent. I was curious about what courier you used and were you happy with their service. Cheers
Sarah
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:24 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What courier did you use?

Originally posted by teach
Hi everyone,

Well the time has nearly come for all our certified docs to leave us and wing their way to our agent. I was curious about what courier you used and were you happy with their service. Cheers
Sarah
Used DHL -only because company am with have an account with them and allowed me to use the account.Everything arrived safe and sound so no complaints.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

We used Royal Mail, recorded delivery. Experienced no problem whatsoever.

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 27th 2004, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Also used Royal Mail, recorded delivery, no problems and you can track it on the internet.

Mandy
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:23 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

DHL

Trackable all the way & they give the time when Rose of DIMIA signs for it
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:25 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Sarah
DHL, great but 50 squids, worth every penny
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

biba is on a distinguished road

Hello,

We used DHL to send our app, it was around 40 quid and were v. happy.

Would have used the same company for the medicals but didn't really have a say in it. The docs we went to use somebody called Quicksilver, I suppose it arrived OK, but you can't track it on the internet, and I had to call several times - first to get the tracking number from the doctors, and another few times the courier to try and find out whether it'd arrived. It cost an additional £60 (ouch!) but that was the only way to do it.

I am still not 100% sure it arrived and am thinking to email our case officer just to confirm, although I don't want to p1ss her off :scared: .

I am very disappointed with Royal Mail as we have been missing loads of letters over the past few months (since February actually), they just disappeared.

Good luck with your application!

Hi everyone,

Sarah
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Sarah
We used TNT, they sent a taxi round to pick up the documents, the driver gave us no receipt and then they couldn't confirm that they'd ever sent docs to Adelaide.
Worked out OK in the end but we had a few months of worry and would never use them again.

One positive note, as they had no trace of our package, they've never billed us
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:17 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Sarah

USE DHL !!!!!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:38 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
USE DHL !!!!!

hi there. i used royal mail for the skills assessment and main application. My thinking was that as the total value of the certified docs was going to be less than the cost of a courier i didn't think i had anything to lose. As it turned out everything got there in one piece.

For the medical results i used UPS. Dead easy to set up and it only cost £35 for 1 a4 envelope. All tracked through their website door to door. No worries!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Fedex

Superb.

Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by scutterUK
hi there. i used royal mail for the skills assessment and main application. My thinking was that as the total value of the certified docs was going to be less than the cost of a courier i didn't think i had anything to lose. As it turned out everything got there in one piece.

For the medical results i used UPS. Dead easy to set up and it only cost £35 for 1 a4 envelope. All tracked through their website door to door. No worries!
We also used the Royal Mail, both Swift Air and International Signed-For, and everything arrived safely.

A lot of the courier companies will only use Australia Post as a local agent anyway, so you're not really gaining that much.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There
how exciting that things are getting close.
i sent everythign international signed for. all went very well.
not sure which courier was used for the medicals. in fact in think the doctor just sent them through the post. Things must have gone quickly though, as we had our visa in less thatn 2 months, including waiting to be told to go fro medcal!
good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:14 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thank everyone for your replies. So I guess it will be DHL or Royal Mail recorded delivery. Post office is opposite the solicitors, so that is a bonus but when I sent off for my skills assessment I worried for ages as to whether in my haste I'd left anything out.

bazfer, yes it is getting exciting now. House is being measured tomorrow, hopefully on the market by mid afternoon on Wednesday. Some may say that it's a little soon but dare I say it, if anything goes horribly wrong, we are not planning on staying in this house anyway. Hope you are well.
Sarah
Old Jun 28th 2004, 4:42 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK

Well horses for courses really. When you have had Important documents go missing via Royal Fail. And your now 3 months down the swanny !!! And then you find People like DHL are fully trackable etc. It makes sense to spend that little extra, its only your future after all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.