What could go wrong ???

What could go wrong ???

Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:21 am
G&P
Forum Regular

G&P will become famous soon enoughG&P will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What could go wrong ???

Sorry Kevin,

Just saw that you are waiting form med requests!

Gill
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Kevin,

I saw the letter they sent to the agent requesting the meds etc and they did state that they had to be returned to their offices by 24th of February 2005. I too was surprised but got them done anyway, the waiting time for meds isn't as bad in Ireland from what I gather, the main waiting time is for the bloods to come back, they take two weeks! (all we seem to do is wait, are you already in Oz?)

Regards
Gill
OK, sorry about that then, I know we sent off our visa app along with police checks, we are now waiting for med requests. Our agent hasn't mentioned timescales for meds though
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:47 am
G&P
Forum Regular

our visa applic went in late october 04 and they sent the letter requesting meds and police clearance in January. They wanted everything to be back with them by the 24th of February 05! We sent the irish and australian police clearance to the agent along with the "Change of Details" for (thats not the official name for it) confirming that no details had changed since the application was lodged and she was send all that back with the original letter by DHL and the doctor sent the meds and xray results from his office.

Gill
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:49 am
G&P
Forum Regular

as far as I know Kevin, you have a year to validate your visa from the date of the Meds or Police clearance, whichever is first, we just wanted to allow as much time as poss. I am just hoping that the fact that they even request the meds is a good sign!

Gill
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by G&P
Oh, fingers crossed, I have seen over the last couple of days where people sent med back in feb and got granted the visa in march, I doubt we would be that lucky and I am not sure if applications from the UK are processed quicker, we are applying from Ireland.

The reason we did not sent the meds with the applic was because you have a year to validate from the date of the meds or police clearance whichever is first, so by waiting we are able to save a bit more. We have just agreed a sale on our house. Did not want to sell so soon but we got an offer we could not refuse and would probably not again if we delayed it, just hope to God they don't refuse the visa, when are you hoping to go and where?

Gill
We are hoping to go about November time, all depending on sale of house and sale of business.

I think (hope) we shall be lucky with the house, we are in a good location, the house is very up-together now after 7 years work and huge extension. You know, you just finish it all and then you up sticks and move to the other side of the world.

We intend to move to Perth.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 2:28 am
G&P
Forum Regular

That is exactly the same with my house, we would be working on it most weekends etc. and then we go and sell it but all your hard work will be worth it when sale time comes, are you shipping all your belongings, we are heading to Melbourne(hopefully, you know how it is, you hate to say you are definitely going until you hear from THEM!!!!)
Gill
Old Mar 31st 2005, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

So basically so long as your police checks and medicals are okay, and you're not too ugly, there should be no problems???

Anybody disagree ?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
So basically so long as your police checks and medicals are okay, and you're not too ugly, there should be no problems???

Anybody disagree ?
And you have enough points of course!!
Did we clear the ugly bit up?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:10 pm
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Theresa,

Just got the call from the agent, WE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!

Can't believe it, feel excited and sick all at the same time, can't believe we got it so quick!

Gillian
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Smile Re: What could go wrong ???

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Theresa,

Just got the call from the agent, WE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!

Can't believe it, feel excited and sick all at the same time, can't believe we got it so quick!

Gillian
Hi Gillian

Congratulations, that's great news!!!!! We're from Ireland too and are currently working on our TRA application.

Bidd
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:36 pm
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Bidd,

It is great to hear from someone also going from Ireland, are you using an agent, I was starting to think I was the only one leaving the Island!

Regards
Gillian
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Bidd,

It is great to hear from someone also going from Ireland, are you using an agent, I was starting to think I was the only one leaving the Island!

Regards
Gillian
And top of the morning to the 2 of you
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:45 pm
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Kevin,

Going on ours, you should not be waiting too long at all, our visa application was received by the dept. on the 8th of November so things appear to be moving quickly, still in shock, can't believe it.

The Champagne is chilling nicely in the fridge, stuck in work until later!!!

Gill
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Talking Re: What could go wrong ???

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Bidd,

Regards
Gillian

And you too Kevin!! :-)

Hi Gillian, yep we're using an agent as our application isn't very straightforward - tra on work experience. Did you use an agent for yours?

When are you hoping to go?

Bidd
Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:12 pm
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Bidd,

We used Emerald Solutions in Kildare, can't praise them enough, we too had to get Pauls trade assessed by TRA, (painstaking!!). We are going in January, we have to enter by 3rd Feb but if we wait we can add to the savings etc. we have just agreed a sale on our house so we will stay with family till we go, we are moving out of the house in July. what about you, have you told you families yet about the move etc. when do you hope to go, have to get both your trades assessed. It was only Pauls in our case, not so bad!

Nice talking to you!
Regards
Gill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.