Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What could go wrong ???

What could go wrong ???

Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice
Default Re: What could go wrong ???

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
OK, in my mind you look like the picture on your last post, send this to DIMIA and you will be in like a shot
Thankyou! All my worries are over!

Theresa
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Sorry, but all my photos were burned in a fire, no honestly, I am a moose.... but I am a stupid moose.......because i do not know how to get a picture up on here!!!

Theresa#
The two bald men fighting in your blouse will have to apply for visas too.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, do you fancy coming over with me on a spouse visa??
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Hey! Its not really me! My god you lot are so gullible!
Theresa
Old Mar 30th 2005, 2:49 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! Its not really me! My god you lot are so gullible!
Theresa

Let 'em dream
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:00 am
G&P
Forum Regular

G&P will become famous soon enoughG&P will become famous soon enough

Hi Folks,

we did our police clearance and meds etc. and sent them all off. The doctor rang me to say everything was clear with bloods xrays etc and all was ok with him, with this in mind, is it likely that we will get our visas or could they still refuse. Going for the 136 skilled, with points and work experience in the field etc. and the waiting is killing me!!

how long after they receive all above should we have to wait, they had to be received at their offices by 24th Feb

Thanks
Gill
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: What could go wrong ???

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Folks,

we did our police clearance and meds etc. and sent them all off. The doctor rang me to say everything was clear with bloods xrays etc and all was ok with him, with this in mind, is it likely that we will get our visas or could they still refuse. Going for the 136 skilled, with points and work experience in the field etc. and the waiting is killing me!!

how long after they receive all above should we have to wait, they had to be received at their offices by 24th Feb

Thanks
Gill
Yes, I would be interested to see what this timescale is at the moment.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:16 am
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Theresa,

Did they send you a request for your meds or are you just getting them done now just in case? I am probably jumping the gun and will have to wait another two months!
Gill
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Theresa,

Did they send you a request for your meds or are you just getting them done now just in case? I am probably jumping the gun and will have to wait another two months!
Gill

Hello Gill

No, meds have not been requested. Our agent said that they would probably be requested about 2 months after the application went in. Therefore I have timed it so that they are ready 2 months after application was sent. We are on the MODL list so trying to be as prepared as possible as far ahead as possible. Also....just plain eager, can't wait!!!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Folks,

Thanks
Gill

Gill

Have you gone ahead and done these unrequested, what was 24th February, was that the application going in or meds and police checks ?
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:23 pm
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Theresa,

Oh, I know what you mean, the waiting is awful and your right to have everything in place and ready. It is just frustrating, my agent, like many of them has a policy that she doesn't chase them up which I can understand because from reading through some of the threads, they don't appear to like it, the time limit on the med request seems right, we lodged the visa late october and they requested them early Jan and they wanted them back by the 24th of Feb, hope you hear soon, keep me posted
Gill
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G&P
Hi Theresa,

Oh, I know what you mean, the waiting is awful and your right to have everything in place and ready. It is just frustrating, my agent, like many of them has a policy that she doesn't chase them up which I can understand because from reading through some of the threads, they don't appear to like it, the time limit on the med request seems right, we lodged the visa late october and they requested them early Jan and they wanted them back by the 24th of Feb, hope you hear soon, keep me posted
Gill

Hello Gill

I didn't realise that when meds were requested that they actually wanted them by a certain date. I'm glad we've got all that organised in advance then!

So you should hear quite soon then?
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Gill

I didn't realise that when meds were requested that they actually wanted them by a certain date. I'm glad we've got all that organised in advance then!

So you should hear quite soon then?
They don't want them by a certain date, just a soon as you can. Some of the panel doctors seem to have waiting lists that are quite long so probably best to book ahead
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:18 am
G&P
Forum Regular

Oh, fingers crossed, I have seen over the last couple of days where people sent med back in feb and got granted the visa in march, I doubt we would be that lucky and I am not sure if applications from the UK are processed quicker, we are applying from Ireland.

The reason we did not sent the meds with the applic was because you have a year to validate from the date of the meds or police clearance whichever is first, so by waiting we are able to save a bit more. We have just agreed a sale on our house. Did not want to sell so soon but we got an offer we could not refuse and would probably not again if we delayed it, just hope to God they don't refuse the visa, when are you hoping to go and where?

Gill
Old Mar 31st 2005, 1:21 am
G&P
Forum Regular

Hi Kevin,

I saw the letter they sent to the agent requesting the meds etc and they did state that they had to be returned to their offices by 24th of February 2005. I too was surprised but got them done anyway, the waiting time for meds isn't as bad in Ireland from what I gather, the main waiting time is for the bloods to come back, they take two weeks! (all we seem to do is wait, are you already in Oz?)

Regards
Gill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.