Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are the chances...

What are the chances...

Old May 29th 2006, 1:06 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the chances...

My hub lives most of his life in Aus and never gets bitten by anything. I am here 6 weeks and I get bitten by a spider on the shoulder.

Freaky experience but it wasn't a red back or a funnel web, so I squashed the bastard and flushed it down the sink.
Old May 29th 2006, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Default Re: What are the chances...

Originally Posted by iPom
My hub lives most of his life in Aus and never gets bitten by anything. I am here 6 weeks and I get bitten by a spider on the shoulder.

Freaky experience but it wasn't a red back or a funnel web, so I squashed the bastard and flushed it down the sink.
What kind of spider was it :scared:
Old May 29th 2006, 1:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
What kind of spider was it :scared:

I dunno Sean. It was just a small-ish garden spider who got mixed up in my clothing. This is probably my fault as my laundry pile is on the floor in my bedroom - or it may have dropped into my hair when I was outside getting the laundry in. There's always a spider in my laundry. I ironed one the other day. It made a right mess on my t-shirt.

I had a good look at it before I squashed it.... non specific... stripey legs, small, no real markings, non aggresive.... Pretty benign. Anyway, that was a good few mins ago and I just ate bacon and eggs, so I think I'm ok.
Old May 29th 2006, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

I dunno Sean. It was just a small-ish garden spider who got mixed up in my clothing. This is probably my fault as my laundry pile is on the floor in my bedroom - or it may have dropped into my hair when I was outside getting the laundry in. There's always a spider in my laundry. I ironed one the other day. It made a right mess on my t-shirt.

I had a good look at it before I squashed it.... non specific... stripey legs, small, no real markings, non aggresive.... Pretty benign. Anyway, that was a good few mins ago and I just ate bacon and eggs, so I think I'm ok.
God if i get bitten by a spider i think i will freak i suppose when you get there you become more rational
Old May 29th 2006, 1:36 am
Account Closed

God if i get bitten by a spider i think i will freak i suppose when you get there you become more rational

No Sean - I freaked.

Now I am ok. It's very sore, and itchy at the same time, but it wasn't poisonous. I caught the thing under a glass to have a good look at it.
Old May 29th 2006, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

No Sean - I freaked.

Now I am ok. It's very sore, and itchy at the same time, but it wasn't poisonous. I caught the thing under a glass to have a good look at it.
So have you seen any real nasties since you have been there
Old May 29th 2006, 2:07 am
Account Closed

So have you seen any real nasties since you have been there

Nope - it's too cold... everything's asleep.....so far. I'm in good snake territory here in the mountains. I leave them alone and they leave me alone... usually. Apart from this morning.

The bite's bloody sore and now I've got a headache from it. No nausea so it'll prob be ok.

Last edited by iPom; May 29th 2006 at 2:42 am.
Old May 29th 2006, 3:39 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What are the chances...

Nope - it's too cold... everything's asleep.....so far. I'm in good snake territory here in the mountains. I leave them alone and they leave me alone... usually. Apart from this morning.

The bite's bloody sore and now I've got a headache from it. No nausea so it'll prob be ok.
Sorry to hear about the bite!

Probably a good idea to get it checked by a GP anyway, just to be on the safe side.
Old May 29th 2006, 4:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Sorry to hear about the bite!

Probably a good idea to get it checked by a GP anyway, just to be on the safe side.

If I feel sick I will Vash, but I actually feel fine now - no swelling,no nausea, no headache now... . The bite's a bit red but that's reduced down now too. He's a common spider we get on our washing all the time.
Old May 29th 2006, 6:32 am
Account Closed

If I feel sick I will Vash, but I actually feel fine now - no swelling,no nausea, no headache now... . The bite's a bit red but that's reduced down now too. He's a common spider we get on our washing all the time.

OK, now I'm going to the doctor.
Old May 29th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you feel better soon! I have had 2 bites from spiders now (apparently the non deadly variety) and both times on my hands with the bites looking somewhat like mosquito bites but they throb and itch like crazy and drove me insane both times. Nothing worse than that tho!
Old May 29th 2006, 7:25 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

hope everythings ok, let us know how you get on at the doctors
Old May 29th 2006, 8:20 am
Account Closed

Ahhh, thanks for that. I am back and the doc says there's nothing for it but to wait and it will go away. He agrees it wasn't poisonous after I described what it was. It still gave me a damned hard nip though.
I've been getting shooting pains (like a migraine) in my head most of the day and then nausea this evening. Then I threw up.

I worked out how it must have got on me. I was cold so I got hubby's jumper off the floor and gave it a really good shaking in case there was anything on it. There was, and the shaking ended up with me flicking the spider onto my shoulder where it must have got trapped under my top.
Shake your clothes but do it gently!
Old May 29th 2006, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Hope you feel better soon! I have had 2 bites from spiders now (apparently the non deadly variety) and both times on my hands with the bites looking somewhat like mosquito bites but they throb and itch like crazy and drove me insane both times. Nothing worse than that tho!

My sis in law had a white tail bite her recently and she got little blisters from it.
Old May 29th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

My sis in law had a white tail bite her recently and she got little blisters from it.

OMG, you have made me feel really sick, I can't bear the thought of spiders in my clothes.Here If there are spider webs on the washing line here I will just hang the clothes indoors or tumble dry. How am I gonna cope.......
I have been so brave the last month or so even sharing the bathroom with a spider until it ran and then I had to get the hoover!!
Hope your alright.
Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.