Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what can i expect

what can i expect

Old May 20th 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default what can i expect

Well guys
John Masons are coming on thursday and friday this week, anyone tell me what to expect!!!!!
yve
Old May 20th 2003, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Perthplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Abergas,

We used a different company, they were pretty good good, We ..well the missus tried to make it easier for them to do there packing.. ie took the pedals off bikes, bought and packed boxes of our own, only for the guy to take all the stuff out of them and say that he wanted to write on the boxes, the missus was not having that at all all over her new boxes, I packed all my electrical stuff, ie.. stereo, DVD player, headphones, kids tv's, xbox's, playstations, valuable's etc, we just felt it was best that we do it rather than them.

We stood over them most of the time, making sure everthing was ok, making sure they didn't pack the suitcases We will be using for the next 7 weeks, didn't fancy wearing a suitcase full of coat hangers to work for the next few weeks,

they was their for 2 days 20ft container, 3 bedroom house, and we filled it up to the back door...wow.

All I can say is make sure they wrap everthing, they managed to break a lamp of ours, by trying not to wrap it up.

Our container went on the 9/5/03 and will arrive we have been told in Fremantle on the 9/7/03

Hope this helps

PP
Old May 20th 2003, 8:29 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Perthplease
Hi Abergas,

We used a different company, they were pretty good good, We ..well the missus tried to make it easier for them to do there packing.. ie took the pedals off bikes, bought and packed boxes of our own, only for the guy to take all the stuff out of them and say that he wanted to write on the boxes, the missus was not having that at all all over her new boxes, I packed all my electrical stuff, ie.. stereo, DVD player, headphones, kids tv's, xbox's, playstations, valuable's etc, we just felt it was best that we do it rather than them.

We stood over them most of the time, making sure everthing was ok, making sure they didn't pack the suitcases We will be using for the next 7 weeks, didn't fancy wearing a suitcase full of coat hangers to work for the next few weeks,

they was their for 2 days 20ft container, 3 bedroom house, and we filled it up to the back door...wow.

All I can say is make sure they wrap everthing, they managed to break a lamp of ours, by trying not to wrap it up.

Our container went on the 9/5/03 and will arrive we have been told in Fremantle on the 9/7/03

Hope this helps

PP
did you insure your own packing ,?as generally P.B.O [PACKED BY OWNER ] cartons will not be covered by the carrier, read your contract. With electrical goods the onus is on you to prove that it was the moving that has caused them to malfunction.......................mm
Old May 20th 2003, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

hi
Ask specific questions on what the insurance covers. We got Masons in for a quote and got a really 'over the top' sales guy. He could sort anything ! However what he told me about the insurance and what the insurance form said in small print were completely different !!
Close call between pickfords and robinsons for us. Decided on Robinsons for price as they were much cheaper.
We ship our stuff 1st week in Aug so i'll then find out if i made the right choice !!
wendy
Old May 20th 2003, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Perthplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Mover,

thanks for the info, will have to checkout my docs on insurance.

PP