Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What can I buy my 7 year old who has her birthday while we are on Rekkie in Oz??

What can I buy my 7 year old who has her birthday while we are on Rekkie in Oz??

Old Jul 21st 2006, 11:21 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default What can I buy my 7 year old who has her birthday while we are on Rekkie in Oz??

My daughter will have her "7" birthday while we are in Oz for 5 weeks doing our rekkie trip!!

Everyone keeps saying what can we get her for her birthday blah blah blah so I have said to many oh just give her Australia Dollers so she can spend them while we are away.............

This is fine but remember back to when you were a kid money was ok but opening a present was even better!! (Well at 7 it was!!) we have bought her a Digital Camera so she can take 100's of photos of the beautiful country we will soon call home!!

I know having done a similar thread recently for ideas on presents for her teacher who is doing a year exchange in Melbourne, alot of you have some brilliant ideas!!

Anyway I want everyones creative ideas as to what I can buy to take with me that packs and is light (will be struggling with baggage allowance anyway, no extra weight needed!!!) so fire away....... Karma sent for the best ideas!!

Thank you!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Jarvl will become famous soon enoughJarvl will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What can I buy my 7 year old who has her birthday while we are on Rekkie in Oz??

[QUOTE=toon williams]My daughter will have her "7" birthday while we are in Oz for 5 weeks doing our rekkie trip!!

A personal portable dvd player - buy it when you get here! Will keep her amused when you are doing the endless boring jobs you have to do on the LSD (look, see, decide) trip!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What can I buy my 7 year old who has her birthday while we are on Rekkie in Oz??

[QUOTE=Jarvl]
Originally Posted by toon williams
My daughter will have her "7" birthday while we are in Oz for 5 weeks doing our rekkie trip!!

A personal portable dvd player - buy it when you get here! Will keep her amused when you are doing the endless boring jobs you have to do on the LSD (look, see, decide) trip!
I agree, and some dvds, best thing we ever bought for trips to and from Perth. MONEY- MY 8 YR OLD would be quite happy with money, spend spend spend, they love it.
Have a great trip, where are you going for your rekkie.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 6:40 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone keeps saying what can we get her for her birthday blah blah blah so I have said to many oh just give her Australia Dollers so she can spend them while we are away.............

This is fine but remember back to when you were a kid money was ok but opening a present was even better!! (Well at 7 it was!!) we have bought her a Digital Camera so she can take 100's of photos of the beautiful country we will soon call home!!

I know having done a similar thread recently for ideas on presents for her teacher who is doing a year exchange in Melbourne, alot of you have some brilliant ideas!!

Anyway I want everyones creative ideas as to what I can buy to take with me that packs and is light (will be struggling with baggage allowance anyway, no extra weight needed!!!) so fire away....... Karma sent for the best ideas!!

Thank you!!
A Pixel Chicks car or house - seem to be all the rage in my daughters Yr 3 class. It's only a small handheld game similar to a tamagochi type concept but a small girl .
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:23 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Does she enjoy art? Maybe some nice sketching pencils or water colours?

A fancy diary to record her time in Australia?

A large book so that she can stick in memories of Oz, (brochures, menus, flight tickets etc etc) along with her photographs (taken with her great camera) and then she can take her Australia scrap book into class to share with her friends and teacher. A child in my class did that and it was lovely plus a speacial keep sake.

Charm bracelet, and maybe family can give her charms to fix to it when you all leave the UK to start your lives in OZ.

Some of the girls in my class are into Silvanian families - little animals?

A bit big so you would have to dash off and buy one when you get there - a buggie board (don't know how to spell this morning!)

A couple of surf lessons?

Anyway I am running out of steam now, I hope she has a fantastic day
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!!
The camera is a great idea i would loveone i think im getting one for my birthday (hint hint mum!)
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:35 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jarvl]

Did think of this, brilliant ideawas going to look into getting one this end, but tell me do DVD's from the UK and Oz work on the same players?? I mean if I buy it here in Uk will DVD's I buy in Oz work on it, and like wise if I buy one in Oz with UK DVD's work on it??
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:36 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by Vernons
A fancy diary to record her time in Australia?

A large book so that she can stick in memories of Oz, (brochures, menus, flight tickets etc etc) along with her photographs (taken with her great camera) and then she can take her Australia scrap book into class to share with her friends and teacher. A child in my class did that and it was lovely plus a speacial keep sake.
Yes I had thought of that one two another brilliant idea, I have bought a scrap book and pens and glue, so she can record everything, didnt think of the diary but that is another good one will add that to my list!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:40 am
An Official Visa Holder

What is a Buggie board??

I thought it was something that went on the back of a pushchair so older kids can stand on it!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:41 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by sme
A Pixel Chicks car or house - seem to be all the rage in my daughters Yr 3 class. It's only a small handheld game similar to a tamagochi type concept but a small girl .
Will look into that one now!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I had thought of that one two another brilliant idea, I have bought a scrap book and pens and glue, so she can record everything, didnt think of the diary but that is another good one will add that to my list!!
seeing as i have boys this is hard for me! when i was 7 all i wanted was a pair of roller skates!!! - how times change.

We were in oz at xmas 2 years ago and all my son wanted for xmas (he was 9 at the time) was to adopt a Koala at Taronga Zoo. it meant a lot to him at the time and as he loves animals it was money worth spent
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:48 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by DebraH
seeing as i have boys this is hard for me! when i was 7 all i wanted was a pair of roller skates!!! - how times change.

We were in oz at xmas 2 years ago and all my son wanted for xmas (he was 9 at the time) was to adopt a Koala at Taronga Zoo. it meant a lot to him at the time and as he loves animals it was money worth spent

We had thought of this one to, wasnt sure if they did that sort of thing in Oz, we are going to a Zoo in Adelaide for her birthday so thought we would look into then!! Like that one toooo!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:57 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing - tell her the holiday is her present - if she starts moaning then say that life is hard and sometimes you don't always get what you want!!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 12:07 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Nothing - tell her the holiday is her present - if she starts moaning then say that life is hard and sometimes you don't always get what you want!!!!!

I take it you dont have kids!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 12:12 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it you dont have kids!!!
I am a step mother and just like in the fairy tales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.