Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is caboolture like?

what is caboolture like?

Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default what is caboolture like?

my family are emigrating next year and have been looking at homes in caboolture. however we cant find any pictures/videos showing the area. and also any other information about the town. is it a nice quiet area for familys etc? if anyone can help me id be very grateful. thanks
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Default Re: what is caboolture like?

Originally Posted by badassbrickie
my family are emigrating next year and have been looking at homes in caboolture. however we cant find any pictures/videos showing the area. and also any other information about the town. is it a nice quiet area for familys etc? if anyone can help me id be very grateful. thanks
full of bogans apparently! (I don't think this is a good thing btw) it has a bit of a dodgy rep .... never really been there long enough to form a personal opinion ...... but have you considered Coloundra?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by doub
full of bogans apparently! (I don't think this is a good thing btw) it has a bit of a dodgy rep .... never really been there long enough to form a personal opinion ...... but have you considered Coloundra?
Bogan (pronounced /ˈbəʉ.gn̩/, rhyming with slogan) is an Australian and New Zealand English slang term, generally pejorative, for a person who is, or is perceived to be, unsophisticated or of a lower class background. According to the stereotype, the speech and mannerisms of "bogans" indicate poor education and uncultured upbringing. The term is mainly applied to white, lower working-class people.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:05 am
Just Joined

coolozzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doub
Bogan (pronounced /ˈbəʉ.gn̩/, rhyming with slogan) is an Australian and New Zealand English slang term, generally pejorative, for a person who is, or is perceived to be, unsophisticated or of a lower class background. According to the stereotype, the speech and mannerisms of "bogans" indicate poor education and uncultured upbringing. The term is mainly applied to white, lower working-class people.
Chav

FF
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:06 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by badassbrickie
According to the news today Caboolture has been ear-marked as a site for a uranium enrichment plant (thanks Mr Howard!).

Now, people have predictably been going ape about it ("nuclear" ... woh! ... Chernobyl ... 3-headed fish, etc) but what they have failed to realise is that the chemicals involved in the enrichment process are actually more dangerous than the nuclear material itself (which isn't dangerous at all).

Anyway, it's probably not going to raise house prices which is likely yo be more of a concern to yer average house-buyer than the leaking of fissile material and consequent genetic defects.

In answer to your question badassbrickie - Dunno really, only passed through the place but they have a nice quaint aircraft museum staffed by a guy that is completely off his trolley.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Kiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the rough

They have an abattoir there too. I am sure you dont want to live to close to that!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:03 am
Just Joined

busaturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

i lived quite close to caboolture at petrie and given a choice i would live away from caboolture its not that its bad its just there are better places elsewhere its not far from bribie island which is stunning hop this helps
andy