Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the average age of a migrant?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: What is the average age for a PR Visa applicant?
1. 18 - 29 years
21.70%
2. 30 - 39 years
56.13%
3. 40 - 49 years
20.28%
4. 50+ years
1.89%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

What is the average age of a migrant?

Old Jun 8th 2003, 12:57 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the average age of a migrant?

Originally posted by appletree
in that case Wilf is 16

Divide that by 2 for you ?

Old Jun 8th 2003, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

appletree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Divide that by 2 for you ?

That equals your IQ.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 2:52 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

That equals your IQ.

Bugger me its gone up and still double yours?

Old Jun 8th 2003, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

appletree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Bugger me its gone up and still double yours?

the only thing that's gone up with you is your whinging quotient.

you need viagara to get anything else to "go up"
Old Jun 8th 2003, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Whingeing with an e in the middle. Tip to remember it is that it is like singe (as in burn) and singeing. If you miss out the e then it becomes singing as in song.
You young kids just don't care enough.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 3:12 pm
Banned

To complain is to reason , to except is to beg , Australia a land of beggers?

Old Jun 8th 2003, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going for the youngest aggregate age for when a couple emigrated. I was 21 and my first wife was 18 (preggas with a second kid). So that's aggregate... er... 19 1/2. Beat that!
Old Jun 8th 2003, 3:42 pm
Banned

Originally posted by TimEh?
I'm going for the youngest aggregate age for when a couple emigrated. I was 21 and my first wife was 18 (preggas with a second kid). So that's aggregate... er... 19 1/2. Beat that!

Hope for all , I think not seeing as you are in Canada , have you missed the heading of this forum?

I rant not because I have nothing to say?

Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:08 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

What is the collective noun for Poms in Canada? And lets have a bit better quality of insults than the current VD.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
What is the collective noun for Poms in Canada? And lets have a bit better quality of insults than the current VD.
Should't it be emigrant or immigrant? A migrant just goes from one area of a country to another.

"What is the collective noun for Poms in Canada?"

It used to be Limeys but you don't hear it much these days. Too many other groups to pick on thanks to former Prime Minister Trudeau.

To PB,

The heading says "What is the average age of a migrant?" It doesn't say "what is the average age of a migrant to Australia? But I'll take the hint - thank you. If you feel I am not welcome in YOUR section, why don't you just come out and say so?
Old Jun 9th 2003, 5:40 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Originally posted by drog1998
Thats a good point.

I'm 30 this year and do not have assets like a house etc. which kind of bothered me for a while, especially when you read about slightly older applicants selling up and going over with something to offer and in the back pocket. I realise I don't have this because i've spent to much time travellling around.

I guess all I can offer is my youth and skills - sounds good to me.

im in the same boat mate, 25 and bugger all to sell. i`ll be like dick whittington with a cane and bag on my shoulder.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
dick.bmp (178.9 KB, 50 views)
Old Jun 9th 2003, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

kaz,n,jeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bluebristolian
Looks like I might be the oldest in this thread. I started by going for Victoria state nomination last year when I was 41 and applied for the visa about 2 months ago having turned 42 in December. My wife is 40 and our children are 7 and 5. Looks like we may get our visa at an accelerated rate due to an apparent shortage of state nominated applicants at the moment. We've been asked for medicals/police records already. Our agent GoMatilda ( who I highly recommend) says that its not impossible that we may get our visa as quick as 2 weeks after our medicals go in, which seems unbelievable. Just hope I can get a job, as I'm in IT which isn't quite the advantage it used to be. We'll see.
no, think we beat ya, i am 42 hubby44 kids twins19, son 21.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Bluebristolian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kaz,n,jeff
no, think we beat ya, i am 42 hubby44 kids twins19, son 21.
Congrats! that one record I'm not too unhappy to lose :-) When do you expect to get over to, I assume Oz?
Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Stevandiane is an unknown quantity at this point

Denhim - BUT YOU'LL BE IN PERTH !!!!!!

We'll I'm 30 and Stevan's 33 !!! No kids although out of all my neices and nephews my family say I'm the biggest Kid of all

Diane
Old Jun 9th 2003, 12:37 pm
Banned

Originally posted by TimEh?
To PB,

The heading says "What is the average age of a migrant?" It doesn't say "what is the average age of a migrant to Australia? But I'll take the hint - thank you. If you feel I am not welcome in YOUR section, why don't you just come out and say so?
Not at all Canada I am sure is paradise when compared to the arse end of the planet pray stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.