Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Aussies dont understand

What Aussies dont understand

Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:49 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: What Aussies dont understand

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Very droll, remind me the last Aussie contribution to the worlds comedy store?

Kath and Kim, Fat Pizza or maybe that great international import The Footy show.
Public Floggings of EatStatic - always good for a rollicking good belly laugh - and audience participation.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 12:52 am
aussie73

The British love of the loser and not believing winning is the be all of life.

Channel 4.

Make the most of it before the parochial nature of OZ kils it.
" Kils it " ?

Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:01 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Portuguese.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:04 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

What has Australia given the world other than sports stars on an international level??
Believe it or not 53 of the worlds top 100 sexiest women of 2004 voted by FHM readers the world over.

Now I'm pretty sure most blokes would be pretty impressed by that.

I knew taking a sneaky peak at Ants FHM would pay off with a useless fact one day
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Believe it or not 53 of the worlds top 100 sexiest women of 2004 voted by FHM readers the world over.

Now I'm pretty sure most blokes would be pretty impressed by that.

I knew taking a sneaky peak at Ants FHM would pay off with a useless fact one day
Interesting, do you have a URL we can look at?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:14 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
Interesting, do you have a URL we can look at?

I'm afraid not It was in 2004's magazine.
However this years have been released this month and Bec Cartwright has come in at number 1 so the Aussies do it again

I'm sure you'l find a few nice pictures on here

http://www.fhm.com.au/100sexiest.php
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:31 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

The secret ballot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_ballot

Apparently this is quite popular with Liberal Democracies around the world. It’s even popular in the UK which may one day become a Liberal Democracy when it stops using unelected Legislators and finally separates the Executive and Judiciary.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:37 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It was a close run thing

New Zealand gave women the vote in 1893
South Australia gave women the vote in 1894, although,
the vote for women in Australian Federal elections didn't come until 1902.

In the UK women over the age of 30 had the right to vote from 1918
But for the same voting rights as men, UK women had to wait until 1928.
Australia was the first to allow women to vote and stand for parlaiment.

Regards
Alistair
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Australia was the first to allow women to vote and stand for parlaiment.

Regards
Alistair
Damn those convicts
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I'm afraid not It was in 2004's magazine.
However this years have been released this month and Bec Cartwright has come in at number 1 so the Aussies do it again

I'm sure you'l find a few nice pictures on here

http://www.fhm.com.au/100sexiest.php

That is for the Australian Edition. Worldwide, Angelina Jolie was voted as the sexiest woman (much to my husband's delight )
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:29 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Shellfish
wasn't that New Zealand? You're not one of those "Russell Crowe is Australian" people are you?
who's that?

badge

Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:32 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
That is for the Australian Edition. Worldwide, Angelina Jolie was voted as the sexiest woman (much to my husband's delight )
Angelina Jolie - urgh! can't see the appeal myself. Nicole Kidman is the world's best looking woman in my eyes.

I used to like Davina McCall in the UK - is she still on the telly all the time?
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Damn those convicts
South Australia was the only colony not to have convicts.......... mm
Old Jul 1st 2005, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
Angelina Jolie - urgh! can't see the appeal myself. Nicole Kidman is the world's best looking woman in my eyes.

I used to like Davina McCall in the UK - is she still on the telly all the time?
Yep, shes hosting Big Brother again at the moment. She is looking quite hot at the moment actually. Interviewed one of the girls botted out wearing a bikini
Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:37 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Woot! A troll thread, about time too. Looking back over static's previous posts, it's amazing how he/she/it manages to keep that level of vitriol going. I mean, imagine being that negative all the time. Some king of Hamas-style religious fervour going on.

Having watched the show, I have to say I find it highly amusing that static decided to use it as an anti-oz vehicle, since it said in no un-certain terms that we should quit being such a nation of dullard losers and try actually competing and winning at something like, ermm, every other nation on earth. Stick to the Tweenies next time Static, see what kind of political and socio-economic allegories you can draw from that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.