Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What am I allowed to ship?

Wikiposts

What am I allowed to ship?

Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default What am I allowed to ship?

Hi

I have Pickfords arriving next week to collect our things Ive read through a few threads and apologies for starting this topic again! I understand that I can send toiletries but Ive read threads where people have mentioned Yorkshire Tea, Persil, Sweets are such as this allowed? Ive stocked up on clothes, bedding and toiletries but wouldnt want to think I wish Id bought...... Any thoughts? Thanks Nicky
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: What am I allowed to ship?

I would like info on this also, I wanna take some PG tips & hair dyes etc, maybe soem asda dried herbs??????

Bluekipper
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:57 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Think you may need to declare all these things. I was told no cleaning products, but toiletries were ok and were packed. I know some sweets are allowed, but better taken through hand luggage. I took mint tea in my hand baggage, not because Oz didn't have any but I wasn't sure about Malaysia where we stopped. Herbs would not be advisable - you can get them here fine. Hair dye no idea - look on ACQIS website for details.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No to dried herbs. They'll be taken off you. Herbs are a plenty here both dried and fresh. Anything that is sealed and unopened in the tea, biscuit, lolly line is fine. Anything organic (from the earth) is not. Hair dye would be fine but again I believe we have all the same brands as you get in the UK, but if they're cheaper then go for it. Washing powders are fine, however imo not worth bringing because as soon as the box is finished you'll have to use a brand from here so I don't see the point but it's up to you
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I agree its not worth it with the pg tips I knwo they have them in adelaide but very expensive, the hair dyes are well cheaper here, the one I use is 1.99 and its about $10 in Adel

Wont bother with my herbs then, my sis can have all them.

Thanks for response.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Check with your shipping agent as they will be able to advise you. The shippers I used discussed this with me when they came to look at my gear and also included a list of things not to take. Any doubt, leave it behind because if customs sniff out something they are not sure about and it has not been declared, the chances are they will go through everything - time consuming and expensive.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

The_Slates will become famous soon enoughThe_Slates will become famous soon enough

Our shipment arrived yesterday we had a big box of PG tips, wrote on the AQUIS form and declared it no problem, also massive jar of Marmite, toiletries as well, depends on the customs people, they went through all our chrissy decs and hubbies tools.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

PG Tips, Marmite, sweets, crisps,toiletries, all OK. You can bring all those in your hand luggage/hold luggage/container and its not an issue s lon as you declare them.