What Airline???

Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

ZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant future
Question What Airline???

Hi every one please help as i am about to book tickets for our first trip to Aus. We will be going to perth mid may with our three daughters aged 9 6 and 1, can any one recommend a good airline as i seem to be getting all sorts of horror stories, am i wright in thinking singapore airlines are one of the better choices? any advice will go a long way as i am very nervous of the first half of the flight with a 1 year old :scared: thanks zoe
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

jonsm1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Airline???

Hi there

we have been a few times and have used singapore airlines, and couldnt fault the service they gave.

regards

jon & jayne

Originally Posted by ZOE POE
Hi every one please help as i am about to book tickets for our first trip to Aus. We will be going to perth mid may with our three daughters aged 9 6 and 1, can any one recommend a good airline as i seem to be getting all sorts of horror stories, am i wright in thinking singapore airlines are one of the better choices? any advice will go a long way as i am very nervous of the first half of the flight with a 1 year old :scared: thanks zoe
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

We went with Emirates to Perth they were fine.Then to QLD with Singapore Airlines whom I prefered good flights both ways.Cannot go far wrong with either of these.
Our 3 year old was fine the Singapore cabin crew were great they loved her.
Good Luck
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

cj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant future

We have flown with singapore a few times and cannot fault them. The last time was in May with our children aged 9 and 6. As soon as we got on the plane the airhostess came up and asked their names, then came over and took time to talk to them as often as she could.
There is plenty to occupy them with the backseat games etc.
Nothing seems to be too much trouble for the airhostesses, I even had a bit of a panic after thinking about all the time I had left to sit there and asked for a glass of lemonade, a few minutes later an airhostess arrived with not only the drink but a hot towel to put on my neck.
I would highly recommend singapore

Cath
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:44 pm
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

Hi I am also looking at airlines at the moment. Singapore seem to get good reports, but the leg room is only 31 inches, My OH is 6'4 so there will be no comfort what so ever in economy. I've also looked at Emirates leg room 33 inches, and doing it in 3 stages Manchester to Dubai, Dubai to Singapore, Singapore to Melbourne. Or Singapore to anywhere in Oz as we are travelling for about a year to decide where to live work etc.... We have to go via Singapore to visit friends, so our options have been narrowed to a few airlines. Look on airlinequality web site you can read the reviews. Good luck travelling with the children at least they're small and can fit into the cramped seats.
Does anyone one know of any cheap Business class seats on offer for June / July time.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

ZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
We went with Emirates to Perth they were fine.Then to QLD with Singapore Airlines whom I prefered good flights both ways.Cannot go far wrong with either of these.
Our 3 year old was fine the Singapore cabin crew were great they loved her.
Good Luck

Thank you all so much for your replies,great help think we will go with singapore airlines. can you recommend any seats i should try and book so little one will be able to play on floor
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

cj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant futurecj23 has a brilliant future

Thank you all so much for your replies,great help think we will go with singapore airlines. can you recommend any seats i should try and book so little one will be able to play on floor

At the very back of the plane, widow side, there are about 3 rows of 2 seats which are great. Because there is a seat missing there is a little extra space at the side near the window to put blankets, toys etc. You can also get up and stand at the back without being in the way of the trolly and without being out of sight of the children.

Cath
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

The websites I sent you on pm will give you the seat layout so you can see which seats suit you best.

I'd think seriously about letting your baby play on the floor - they're not the cleanest of places on an aircraft
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:25 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

I've only flown with Emrites via Dubai and Singapore to Brisbane but it was fantastic - they couldn't do enough for us.

Are you going to fly non stop (ish)?, we found it was the best way to do it. London to Dubai - stop for 1 1/2 hours - then different plane to Signapore - stop for refuelling - you can get out and have a walk around the airport to stretch your legs and leave all your belongings, bags and things on the aircraft - back on plane (same plane, same seats) and onto Brisbane (or wherever in Oz.

Our kids were 10/11 at the time so a bit older than yours but they had so much to do with watching films, playing games, sleeping that the whole journey was a doddle.

ABSOLUTELY NO JET LAG THERE OR BACK!!

Did the same route coming home and honestly did not get any jet lag at all. Some people had told us loads of horror stories of how you wouldn't be able to function for up to a week after the journey - Not So!

Good luck with whatever airline you decide and definately think about doing it all in one go.

Cheers
Cheri x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suzy
The websites I sent you on pm will give you the seat layout so you can see which seats suit you best.

I'd think seriously about letting your baby play on the floor - they're not the cleanest of places on an aircraft

Thanks suzy i will have a look at that site later when kids are a bed, i know what you mean about the floors don't know why i even thought it really just stressing about my little girl who will be 1 in may,can't imagine the flight she bad enough now she's into every think not wanting to sit still for a moment but I'm sure will manage
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks suzy i will have a look at that site later when kids are a bed, i know what you mean about the floors don't know why i even thought it really just stressing about my little girl who will be 1 in may,can't imagine the flight she bad enough now she's into every think not wanting to sit still for a moment but I'm sure will manage

I know what you mean about a 1yr old. Mine was 10 months when we took her to Boston (not as far as Oz I know) and decided the week before we went that she would start walking.

It was fine tho' - we kept her amused and she slept too - try getting a bassinet/skyseat for the baby - that will be a help.

suzy x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya, have to say most definitely british airways all round
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

We have used Qantas, Emirates, Cathay and Singapore twice to Oz and in our opinion Singapore have been the best for us on price and quality of service. We will definitely be using them for our one way flights soon, all the others were good but they didn't quite match up to them, but different days different crews. Good Luck

Nicky & John
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:50 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found qantas good
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:58 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

We are flying Malaysian. Did lots of reading of reviews on http://www.airlinequality.com and in the end it came down to price between them and Singapore. Our little girl will be 8 months old so we wanted the most direct route possible. We've already flown to South Africa with the little one and I can only reinforce what suzy said: try get bulkhead with a bassinet so that you don't have to have baby sleeping on you!! You need to phone the airline to pre-book it once you've booked your ticket.

Hope that helps
Martyn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.