Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What age do they start school on GC?

What age do they start school on GC?

Old May 21st 2007, 2:26 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default What age do they start school on GC?

My little fella will be 4 in Dec 2007. We arrive in September 2007. Will he be able to start school/day care centres in January 2008? In the UK he wouldn't start school until September 2008 next year.

I need to start looking at child care centres.

Thanks for any help and advice

Cheers
Old May 21st 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: What age do they start school on GC?

Hi Julie,

Hope you're well. leighton is 5 this sept and from what I gather he'll start school Jan/Feb 2008 (the year he turns 6) I assume that means your little boy will start Jan/Feb 2009. They can go to Kindy though although I dont know much about that.

Tasha xx
Old May 21st 2007, 3:56 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What age do they start school on GC?

Originally Posted by julie hilton
My little fella will be 4 in Dec 2007. We arrive in September 2007. Will he be able to start school/day care centres in January 2008? In the UK he wouldn't start school until September 2008 next year.

I need to start looking at child care centres.

Thanks for any help and advice

Cheers
They start school there the year they turn 6. My daughter will be 5 in December this year and will start school next jan/feb as she will be 6 in Dec 2008. Not sure about pre-school though.

Andreaxx
Old May 21st 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Re: What age do they start school on GC?

I have looked in to this extensively over the last few months as we arrive in Nov and our son will be 4 in the December. He is not eligible to start pre prep until 2009, BUT due to the fact he has been in a private prep school over here and we were able to prove with school reports etc that he is capable of coping with the work and is on par with the children in the class, we have found a school to take him. This has involved lots of mails etc but I feel it will be worth it for him. I know this will mean he is over a year younger than the other children, but having looked at the objectives the government lays out alongside the ones at his current school, I feel he will have no problems at all.

I have all the guidelines here and some schools, so if you need any further information just give me a shout.
Kat