Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What 2 wear in Brisbane???

What 2 wear in Brisbane???

Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

louisey66 will become famous soon enough
Default What 2 wear in Brisbane???

What is the typical dress for bumming about during the day?? I dont want to buy loadsa clothes in the UK incase i look like an odd ball!!!

Do people walk about with bikini tops and shorts or do they mostly cover up because of the sun, or do they really cover up with denims and things??

Just dont want to look daft
Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What 2 wear in Brisbane???

Originally Posted by louisey66
What is the typical dress for bumming about during the day?? I dont want to buy loadsa clothes in the UK incase i look like an odd ball!!!

Do people walk about with bikini tops and shorts or do they mostly cover up because of the sun, or do they really cover up with denims and things??

I take it you've not observed how 30% of Aussies dress lol You'll fit in fine no matter wot
Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:07 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisey66

In winter I wear jeans and t-shirts and need a jumper for a nights cause it gets cold. Also need my socks and shoes for this time of year. Wear my furry coat occasionally when it dips down in the temps. Summer is shorts and tshirts mainly. You'll also see an awful lot of people in Birsbane wearing Pajamas out in the malls/local shops!!!!! Other than that can't think of anything else!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:53 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
You'll also see an awful lot of people in Birsbane wearing Pajamas out in the malls/local shops!!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:54 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday evening it was coats, wooly hats and scarves.

This morning is not much warmer.........it can get pretty chilly at this time of year.

G
Old Jun 14th 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of

We even had the aircon on at 30 degrees from 4 o clock this morning for a few hours to take the chill off the house !
Old Jun 14th 2008, 11:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
We even had the aircon on at 30 degrees from 4 o clock this morning for a few hours to take the chill off the house !
I'm sat next to a convector heater, with a cup of tea, trying to warm up

G
Old Jun 15th 2008, 1:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
There was a guy in the bottle shop the other day, stocking up with slabs of beer, wearing pyjamas and slippers.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 2:46 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
Ditto..............:curse:
Old Jun 15th 2008, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of

Bit warmer now ! Been lying on the beach at Surfers all day !
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:29 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There was a guy in the bottle shop the other day, stocking up with slabs of beer, wearing pyjamas and slippers.
well, that's something I haven't seen yet !
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:45 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

In all the years I've lived here I've never seen one single adult out shopping in their jim jams - only kids when they've been ready for bed.

I think there's something strangely comforting in this cultural difference though

You don't see many murderes or muggars in their jim jams
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It wasn't me!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:15 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
Yep, Pizza Shops, Malls etc. PJ's and Slippers are commonplace!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:18 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
In all the years I've lived here I've never seen one single adult out shopping in their jim jams - only kids when they've been ready for bed.

Me neither, and I've lived here all my life.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
You don't see many murderes or muggars in their jim jams
Brilliant comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.