Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What`s the matter Grub?

What`s the matter Grub?

Old May 2nd 2003, 12:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ianha77
Maybe grub will bulldoze it. In a couple of years when she does know the house market? Like i said before , you live by your mistakes........ In the meantime, she is happy and loving it.
Having lived in Padbury a better option would be bulldoze the area and start again.

Old May 2nd 2003, 1:17 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PB what are your standards for living accomodation

Originally posted by teresa.c
PB, What are your standards/requirements for housing then?whats your house like now in terms of size and facilities, and what are you looking at getting when you get back here?
We now have a townhouse after 3 moves and building a home on the beach front , its no more than a terrace in the town suits our lifestyle , looking after a large home is pointless if you spend little time in it.
We shall be looking at small homes in rual settings in the UK , already seen a few that fit our needs, by the way we had a large new detached home in the UK and we could easily afford it , also had more spare cash left every week not always the case here.

If you want real advice stay away from down market suburbs you will move in time and its important to get location right , rent at first its easy to buy in an area that you will tire of in less than a year and moving costs here are twice that of the UK.
Stay away from 1970-1990 built homes any homes that were built over 10 years ago will need loads of maintance , building standards are poor and this catches up in time.
The exception to this are older larger blocks that can be sub-divided in areas close to the City, Beach and river ,that have shacks on them .

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 2nd 2003 at 4:38 am.
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:20 am
Banned

Originally posted by h garrett

Hi,
I'm sure i read in a previous post from PB that "australia are turning down learned men and doctors for hairdressers and brickies" (or words to that effect) If this is the case did those pommy brickies build the poor quality homes that you suggest are in Padbury, therefore the quality in Leicester would be the same, because they were built by the afore mentioned pommies?
I'm a tad confused! But then I'm a hairdresser so what would i know!
Homes are built to Australian building codes most of which are illegal in the UK iffy does not cover it, some of the building workers here could have been failed hairdressers.

Old May 2nd 2003, 1:25 am
Banned

Originally posted by Stoney
Hah Hah.... seen it on the internet have you ...been DREAMING of your well built dream home. have you, seen a bargain in some area you know nothing about. Hah Hah what a DREAMER you are in for a shock if you think £120.000 will buy you quality in a good area. you are displaying all the traits of the so called dreamers who you so kindly tear to bits on this forum.
your just a big fat hypocrit
You are in for one hell of a suprise when you start house hunting over here.
here in cheshire in the so called GOLDEN TRIANGLE, 3 Bed Semi £245.00.... headlines in local paper
"crack fuelled crime epidemic" also in same edition "street cruisers causing widespread chaos" yes wheelspinning and racing is here too.
I beleive you thought Cheshire to be a good area in a previous post PB.
You cant convince anybody that Oz is any worse than UK, but I am not going to brainwash you like you are trying to do,
You will soon find out for yourself
Roll on AUGUST

Why should I want to live in Cheshire its full of prats like you give it rest, as for UK being worse or better than the UK I have lived in both and know both so why am I going back?
No do not bother your brains over worked now.

Old May 2nd 2003, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Stoney
What so YOU telling me I dont have the right to reply to NEGATIVE OZ posts with NEGATIVE UK posts.
YOUR A NAZI
I HAVE RIGHTS TO, YOU LOUD MOUTH HYPOCRIT
Why blow of at me why not blow off at PB aswell
Because you know he will tear you apart you coward
or do you only want to hear one side of the argument
You make me laugh.
As often heard on this forum
Opinions are like ar$£ holes "we all have them"
we have more than our fare share on this forum though.

Is this an example of 'how to win friends and influence people the stoney way'?
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BCBOY
Is this an example of 'how to win friends and influence people the stoney way'?
Yap Yap Yap Yap
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:52 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
We now have a townhouse after 3 moves and building a home on the beach front , its no more than a terrace in the town suits our lifestyle , looking after a large home is pointless if you spend little time in it.
We shall be looking at small homes in rual settings in the UK , already seen a few that fit our needs, by the way we had a large new detached home in the UK and we could easily afford it , also had more spare cash left every week not always the case here.

If you want real advice stay away from down market suburbs you will move in time and its important to get location right , rent at first its easy to buy in an area that you will tire of in less than a year and moving costs here are twice that of the UK.
Stay away from 1970-1990 built homes any homes that were built over 10 years ago will need loads of maintance , building standards are poor and this catches up in time.
The exception to this are older larger blocks that can be sub-divided in areas close to the City, Beach and river ,that have shacks on them .
[QUOTE]

Our standards and lifestyles are obviously very different. I am sick to death of small houses in rural settings, and you wouldnt get me in a terrace again with a gun to my head. Its taken me 11 years to get to my modest 3 bed detached. You obviously have pots of money to easily afford a 'large new home in the uk', so ggodluck to you, and I really hope you do find what you want. If you are prepared to pay silly prices I am sure you will get it. I didnt like the house in your picture. It was very basic and I wouldnt pay a quarter of a million for it. That would be a mortgage of almost 2 grand a month for me. And with council tax, probably in F band, thats another 1500 a month. Its just not worth it.
But if thats your standard and you can afford it then you will be fine.

Old May 2nd 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What`s the matter Grub?

Originally posted by Interested
Rosy,this is just bullying pure and simple, get a life and stop critisizing other people. I for one thought it was nice of grub to share the pic of her new home and I'm sure that it's inspiring many others who are still waiting for their visas.
I am so sorry if my post was interpreted as "bullying". This was not what I had intended at all. I have never bullied in my life and I am certainly not about to start now.

I was merely curious as to why Grub had posted it...

Once again, my most sincerest apologies if I have offended anyone.
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:04 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[.

[QUOTE]

PB you can actually talk some real sense somtimes!
We are looking to buy a large (ish) 10 acres and build our own home.
I personnally hate the pic you posted, typical British suburbia, neibours crammed in, poxy garden and tacky "tudor" effect. But hey if thats your bag, be happy! I'm sure you will be when you leave Oz anyway
Heather
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:08 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rosy
I am so sorry if my post was interpreted as "bullying". This was not what I had intended at all. I have never bullied in my life and I am certainly not about to start now.

I was merely curious as to why Grub had posted it...

Once again, my most sincerest apologies if I have offended anyone.

He! He!

You really started something there!!

Its very difficult to get across what you are trying to say on here sometimes. You cant use tone of voice or laughter as we do in normal conversation, so things are misunderstood or percieved very wrongly! As you have now found out!!!

My advice is to chose your words very careully!!!! And use lots of smilies!!
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[Its very difficult to get across what you are trying to say on here sometimes. You cant use tone of voice or laughter as we do in normal conversation, so things are misunderstood or percieved very wrongly! As you have now found out!!!

Couldn't agree more, i think we have all done it somewhere along the line. Good advice about the smilies!
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Even with all the sniping and nastiness on this post I think there was a lot of useful information in there somewhere it just needs a good filtering.
Smilies are a good idea but they wouldnt fit on the end of a sentence with word like deluded, idiots, dreamers etc included in it. some posts are aimed at offending
Old May 5th 2003, 2:17 am
Banned

Originally posted by teresa.c
Our standards and lifestyles are obviously very different. I am sick to death of small houses in rural settings, and you wouldnt get me in a terrace again with a gun to my head. Its taken me 11 years to get to my modest 3 bed detached. You obviously have pots of money to easily afford a 'large new home in the uk', so ggodluck to you, and I really hope you do find what you want. If you are prepared to pay silly prices I am sure you will get it. I didnt like the house in your picture. It was very basic and I wouldnt pay a quarter of a million for it. That would be a mortgage of almost 2 grand a month for me. And with council tax, probably in F band, thats another 1500 a month. Its just not worth it.
But if thats your standard and you can afford it then you will be fine.

What you will have here in Perth is a home on a vast housing Estate on a faceless suburb and feel more enclosed than you alreadly are, hemed in by other estates on other suburbs its crap.
My wife and I have the same jobs as we did in the UK with less income thats the way it is , the fact is we lived in more space in the UK , Leicestershires population is far more spread out than Perths .
Sorry but you are clueless about home prices here I went to the Old Swan Berwery at the weekend its in one of the best spots in Perth but not the highest price wise .
Its right on the river and its location is a dream ,there are couple of flats left if you have $2million plus the penthouse has gone for $5million , might find a one bed room flat set at the back of it for $700k .
If you want a better tahn average home here in a good location try $800K , and its far harder to afford that here than you know , the highest price paid last year for a house was $30million .
Look lifestyle in these crap suburbs like Grubs is shite , no social clubs or Pubs no signs of life its like being on the moon you have it .

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 5th 2003 at 2:19 am.
Old May 5th 2003, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
What you will have here in Perth is a home on a vast housing Estate on a faceless suburb and feel more enclosed than you alreadly are, hemed in by other estates on other suburbs its crap.
My wife and I have the same jobs as we did in the UK with less income thats the way it is , the fact is we lived in more space in the UK , Leicestershires population is far more spread out than Perths .
Sorry but you are clueless about home prices here I went to the Old Swan Berwery at the weekend its in one of the best spots in Perth but not the highest price wise .
Its right on the river and its location is a dream ,there are couple of flats left if you have $2million plus the penthouse has gone for $5million , might find a one bed room flat set at the back of it for $700k .
If you want a better tahn average home here in a good location try $800K , and its far harder to afford that here than you know , the highest price paid last year for a house was $30million .
Look lifestyle in these crap suburbs like Grubs is shite , no social clubs or Pubs no signs of life its like being on the moon you have it .

This is too harsh. There is the very interesting Sea of Tranquility on the moon for one thing and, for another, the US spent millions of dollars sending Neil Armstrong to the moon whereas I heard he turned down an invitation to a festival in Oz even though Qantas were gonna have a whipround for his ticket - he said it just didn't have the atmosphere that he had become used to.
Old May 5th 2003, 2:27 am
Banned

Originally posted by h garrett
[.

PB you can actually talk some real sense somtimes!
We are looking to buy a large (ish) 10 acres and build our own home.
I personnally hate the pic you posted, typical British suburbia, neibours crammed in, poxy garden and tacky "tudor" effect. But hey if thats your bag, be happy! I'm sure you will be when you leave Oz anyway
Heather
Some more advice the home I posted had fields at the back of it you will not get here as 90% live on estates where the blocks are bunched together chances are you will be hemed in.
I also know the area that home is in its called Desford the home is a small one compared to a lot there, ,this area has fewer people set out in more space than wonderful Padbury.
I think you have never seen the suburbia that Australia realy is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.