Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What`s the matter Grub?

What`s the matter Grub?

Old May 1st 2003, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ianha77
Seems to me PB has done a good job of winding everyone up on here. He's probably sat at home pissing himself at the chaos he has caused. If grub wants to post a pic of her house so what? She is obviously happy and wants to share it with everyone. If you don't like it don't reply ! I don't agree with what PB said but i don't really care. What is the point of replying??
If people can get so wound up on a forum what is it gonna be like if you finish up living next door to the equivelant of pb in Aus?
I am within a couple of weeks of getting my visa and won't be getting wound up by anyone. Looking forward with excitment to my new life, Bad workmanship or not.

If you can't respond to a post with a balanced argument then this forum has turned into the old IRAQ
I cant beleive only PB is allowed to post negatives.
Old May 1st 2003, 8:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Get a life you telling me theres no homes around Leicester or Leicestershire better than Grubs place , get real.
I seen council homes around Leicestershire better built than most of the homes in Padbury.

Hi,
I'm sure i read in a previous post from PB that "australia are turning down learned men and doctors for hairdressers and brickies" (or words to that effect) If this is the case did those pommy brickies build the poor quality homes that you suggest are in Padbury, therefore the quality in Leicester would be the same, because they were built by the afore mentioned pommies?
I'm a tad confused! But then I'm a hairdresser so what would i know!
Old May 1st 2003, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Stoney
If you can't respond to a post with a balanced argument then this forum has turned into the old IRAQ
I cant beleive only PB is allowed to post negatives.
totally agree!
So lets just keep it as a balanced argument ......
Thing is, if we all met up in Aus in say twelve months time, we would have a great time. Shared a few tinnies and a few porkies on the barbie! and have a giggle about things like this post !!!!
At the end of the day, Probably 90% of people on this forum want to live there dream in AUS or NZ or wherever. I for one don't give a flying bollock what people say cause it won't put me off. Always made my own mistakes and always will. That is how you learn.
Old May 1st 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Here here !!

footie chick
Old May 1st 2003, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sully4441

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

I told you once.
Old May 1st 2003, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Sometimes this forum is better entertainment than the telly. Admittedly that is not hard here.

From living here what I thought PB found so hilarious is that the house in Question is probably not a terribly good buy from a Australian Market point of view>

Thats good really, perhaps a few others will learn not to jump off the plane and buy what looks like a mansion! to Grub and looks like a pretty grotty old house with a wiff of the sewarage plant to PB. Hard facts but PB probably does know the Perth OZ market pretty well having lived there 8 years. In OZ I'd only buy that house if it was overlooking the ocean, then bulldoze it! Sorry but thats what happens here. Oz property market is very different from the UK. They have a particualar Taste and they stick to it.

A good point to also make is Perth is still very cheap in the OZ market, because it is considered very isolated from the rest of the Country.

Agree 120 pound is not going to buy much of a house in the UK, but I though PB and wife were a little older, perhaps without young children they are not looking for a large family home.

By the way did anybody notice that Grubs house/mansion looked just like that house they used to show on neighbours when it first came out?

Carry on fighting Guys, you even have half of our staff (Aussies and Poms) tuning in here for a laugh. Could somebody get some work done please!!!
Old May 1st 2003, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Laughable and pathetic. A 'who's the worst troll debate'.
Old May 1st 2003, 9:09 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sully4441
...I personally can't make pb out, good advice one minute then 'you're all dreamers' the next...
Missed his daily dose of Old Geodon Best Bitter...makes him a bit erratic...
Old May 1st 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Better entertainment than `help i`m a nobody....` yes this forum probably is.

Mindyou if it was run by CARLSBERG it `would probably be the best in the world`

Sorry obviously too much TV.

Footie chick
Old May 1st 2003, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dotty
Sometimes this forum is better entertainment than the telly. Admittedly that is not hard here.

From living here what I thought PB found so hilarious is that the house in Question is probably not a terribly good buy from a Australian Market point of view>

Thats good really, perhaps a few others will learn not to jump off the plane and buy what looks like a mansion! to Grub and looks like a pretty grotty old house with a wiff of the sewarage plant to PB. Hard facts but PB probably does know the Perth OZ market pretty well having lived there 8 years. In OZ I'd only buy that house if it was overlooking the ocean, then bulldoze it! Sorry but thats what happens here. Oz property market is very different from the UK. They have a particualar Taste and they stick to it.

A good point to also make is Perth is still very cheap in the OZ market, because it is considered very isolated from the rest of the Country.

Agree 120 pound is not going to buy much of a house in the UK, but I though PB and wife were a little older, perhaps without young children they are not looking for a large family home.

By the way did anybody notice that Grubs house/mansion looked just like that house they used to show on neighbours when it first came out?

Carry on fighting Guys, you even have half of our staff (Aussies and Poms) tuning in here for a laugh. Could somebody get some work done please!!!
Maybe grub will bulldoze it. In a couple of years when she does know the house market? Like i said before , you live by your mistakes........ In the meantime, she is happy and loving it.
Old May 1st 2003, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

p.s
sully I agree, no he didn't.
Old May 1st 2003, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Ianha77
p.s
sully I agree, no he didn't.
Ohh this isnt an argument it's just pure contradiction.
Old May 1st 2003, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Stoney
Ohh this isnt an argument it's just pure contradiction.
HeHe !!!!!
Old May 1st 2003, 11:37 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Liten guys, you can argue as much as you like about how much houses cost in the UK but I doubt that is very useful to all of you who are selling up to move to Oz.

If you want some advice (does anyone want that anymore?) then do not rush into buying on arrival. Take time to find out about the suburbs, read the local rags to get a view on crime and talk to the locals and agents. Go rent for six months, this will give you time to get the right property.

There all sorts of different things you need here compared to the UK. You want a north/easterly aspect to keep your house cooler (I think that's the right direction), trees are good also for shade, being high up to catch any breezes, you will want to know how to heat the house during winter, you can do without (just) a/c in summer, even in Brisbane, but might want reverse cycle to warm it in winter. And I know everyone wants a pool, as we got, but they are a pain and costly to look after and unless heated you need an air temperature well in the 30s to use it. Get a bigger useable garden and buy an inflatable one instead.

Hope that helps
Old May 1st 2003, 11:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by teresa.c
I like grubs house because its got space, something we are very short of here.
As for houses in leicestershire. Depends what you are looking for. If you want to live up the a**e of your neighbours, in a 3 bed terrace/semi and pay 15 times your annual salary for the privilage, then you will be fine. If you want a 5 bed detached in a big plot and want to apy 400k plus then again you will be fine. You want 4 bed detached in a big plot and want to pay 100k then you wont have a hope in hell!
Give me some names of areas you seen these council houses in Leicester and I will go looking.
I have lived longer in both Padbury and Leicestershire than you , andd I can say your input into this post is about on the same plane as 'Good News for Nurses'.
Your rose tinted glassed need replacing , income to house prices here is on a par with the if worse the banks over lend so t6hat pushes up house prices.
As for Grubs house I should wait until you arrrive in Perth before you have an opinion.
You quoted 250k GBP for a 3 bed detatched in Leicestershire did you not?

£255,000 (Freehold / For Sale)

A modern four bedroomed detached family property, located in a popular village, backing onto fields

Modern four bedroomed detached family property
Tandem garage and off road car standing
Gardens backing onto fields
Double glazing, gas fired central heating
Popular village location

Entrance Hall
having door to side elevation and central heating radiator. Doorway leading off to cloakroom, lounge and study/dining room with stairs to the first floor.

Cloakroom
having low level wc, wash hand basin, double glazed window to the side elevation.

Lounge
Width = 3.66m (12') Length = 5.79m (19')
having double glazed window to the front elevation, two central heating radiators, feature fireplace, double glazed patio doors leading through to the breakfast area of the kitchen and beamed effect ceiling.

Study / Dining Room
Width = 2.87m (9' 5") Length = 3.12m (10' 3")
having double glazed window to the side elevation and access to the breakfast kitchen.

Breakfast Kitchen
Width = 5.64m (18' 6") narrowing to 7'1 Length = 6.32m (20' 9") narrowing to 9'
Fitted kitchen with a range of eye and base level units with working surfaces above, double glazed patio doors to the rear elevation and double glazed windows to the rear and side elevations, sink and drainer with tiled splashback surrounds, built-in oven and five burner hob, central heating radiator, tiled floor and tiled to approximately ceiling height in the kitchen area.

Landing
having access to bedrooms and bathroom.

Bedroom One
Width = 3.48m (11' 5") Length = 3.78m (12' 5")
having double glazed window to the rear elevation and central heating radiator.

Bedroom Two
Width = 2.18m (7' 2") Length = 4.11m (13' 6")
having double glazed window to the front elevation and central heating radiator.

Bedroom Three
Width = 2.79m (9' 2") Length = 3.86m (12' 8")
having double glazed window to the rear elevation, fitted built-in robes and central heating radiator.

Bedroom Four
Width = 1.96m (6' 5") widening to 9'5 Length = 4.34m (14' 3") max
having double glazed window to the front elevation and central heating radiator.

Bathroom
having double glazed window to the rear elevation and suite comprising of bath, separate shower cubicle, wash hand basin, low level wc, with central heating radiator.

Outside
The front garden is mainly block paved providing parking for several vehicles, which leads directly to the INTEGRAL TANDEM GARAGE, which is 30'6" in length having power and light with up and over door. Gated access to the side of the property leading to the rear garden, which has a patio area directly outside the rear of the property leading onto a mainly laid to lawn area with an ornamental pond, backing onto fields and to the side of the property there is a further barbeque area.
Attached Thumbnails What`s the matter Grub?-hinckley.jpg  

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 1st 2003 at 11:56 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.