Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whale Watching from Hillarys - which operator do you recommend?

Whale Watching from Hillarys - which operator do you recommend?

Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:30 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all
Default Whale Watching from Hillarys - which operator do you recommend?

I'm planning a trip for our anniversary on Friday 28th. We're constrained by school hours - i.e. need a departure between 9 and 10 and a return by 1:30ish. Has anyone any recommedations on who to go with (quality of vessel/commentary, cost, freebies etc. etc.)?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:37 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whale Watching from Hillarys - which operator do you recommend?

Originally Posted by bal56
I'm planning a trip for our anniversary on Friday 28th. We're constrained by school hours - i.e. need a departure between 9 and 10 and a return by 1:30ish. Has anyone any recommedations on who to go with (quality of vessel/commentary, cost, freebies etc. etc.)?
If you can remind me of the companys that do it then I will remember which one we went on.

It was not a huge boat and I don't remember any freebies but we were only out on the water about 7 mins and we came across a humpback and her baby. With stayed with them for an hour. It was great, and as for commentaries.... there was some but once we saw the whale, the oooo's and aaaa's that went up each time they surfaced was just the same as firework night.
Attached Thumbnails Whale Watching from Hillarys - which operator do you recommend?-pict0290.jpg   Whale Watching from Hillarys - which operator do you recommend?-pict0300.jpg  
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Whale Watching from Hillarys - which operator do you recommend?

Originally Posted by bal56
Not sure if this is too late, but we went on a whale watching trip with Mills Charters out of Hillarys a couple of weeks ago. It was excellent - couldn't have asked for more. We saw loads of whales and they came right up to the boat and stayed with us for ages.

The trip left Hillarys at 9am and we got back at 12.30pm, and included sandwiches and a drink on the way back. They have a website - just google them. Trips run until the beginning of December I think, but they only go if they reach a minimum number of people so you definitely need to book in advance.