Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whale Beach or Palm Beach

Whale Beach or Palm Beach

Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:43 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whale Beach or Palm Beach

Me, the wife and 2 friends are supposed to be going away for Xmas to the Beach and we were considering Palm or Whale Beach. But the question is. Can you camp there no problem? We dont want to pay fines or have to move on after we have had a few beers. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whale Beach or Palm Beach

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Me, the wife and 2 friends are supposed to be going away for Xmas to the Beach and we were considering Palm or Whale Beach. But the question is. Can you camp there no problem? We dont want to pay fines or have to move on after we have had a few beers. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
No, you can't camp at either of those beaches - not legally anyway. You'll be moved on quick smart if anyone notices what you're doing.

The closest official campsite/caravan part is at Narrabeen, I think.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:42 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Really want to goto the beach for Xmas. Can anyone recommend a campsite on or very near the beach north of Sydney? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:00 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Really want to goto the beach for Xmas. Can anyone recommend a campsite on or very near the beach north of Sydney? Thanks in advance.
We're hoping to go camping between Christmas and possibly over the New Year - places seem to be really booked up though. Port Stephens is where we're gonna head - love it there!

I'd be interested to hear any replies to this too though just in case we dont make it to Port Stephens
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:02 am
Freedom!

Theres got to be some beach somewhere that we can just pitch a tent without the risk of getting moved on or fined. Any ideas?
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Theres got to be some beach somewhere that we can just pitch a tent without the risk of getting moved on or fined. Any ideas?
You could check out the Basin in Kuringai National Park. They have campsites near the beach. Have to book in advance with National Parks as the sites are very popular.

The only problem is there's no car access - you either have to get there by boat, bike or walk in..
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

stockton beach ??? bloody huge
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:10 am
Freedom!

stockton beach ??? bloody huge

Don't you need a 4WD to get there?
Would prefer to have our vans near us for all our gear. Anymore?
Old Dec 19th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

There used to be a caravan park on the Pittwater side of the Barrenjoey Penisula (other side of Palm Beach).

It was probably moved by political pressure as it was considered well below the standard of the nearby residences.

WW
Old Dec 19th 2006, 9:35 am

gedge has disabled reputation

it'd have to be Narrabeen or the Basin as Nicky has said, unless you go elsewhere in Sydney
if you're looking for a place to camp that isn't a camp site... there's this place i know of.. not been for a few years but it's worth a go... it's in the Royal National Park south of the city at a place called Wattamolla
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/...=N0030&Type=xo

you're not meant to camp there, but act dumb with the ranger.. poms on holiday like and you should be alright.. worked for us

check out the national parks link above though cos it does mention camp sites that you are allowed to camp at
Old Dec 19th 2006, 10:20 am
Just Joined

kkilnan has a spectacular aura aboutkkilnan has a spectacular aura aboutkkilnan has a spectacular aura about

you could try this campsites in north sydney not too far from whale beach and palm beach.

http://www.big4.com.au/public/index....=42&parkid=403

but you have to be quick as they are normally booked up this time of year

we could not get in two years ago in our campervan, we ended up in lane cove.

kevin
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:16 am
Freedom!

Looks like we are going to Port Stephens as my mate has managed to get us into a camp site. Bit more pricey than i had planned. But i guess its because its Xmas. Should be fun anyway. Food, beach, beer, fishing, swimming, food, beer and more fishing. All good.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:39 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we are going to Port Stephens as my mate has managed to get us into a camp site. Bit more pricey than i had planned. But i guess its because its Xmas. Should be fun anyway. Food, beach, beer, fishing, swimming, food, beer and more fishing. All good.

Thats my idea!! Its flamin beautiful there! Dont suppose theres any more room on that camp site is there?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:09 am
Freedom!

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Thats my idea!! Its flamin beautiful there! Dont suppose theres any more room on that camp site is there?

Actually my mate has jus called to say there is a change of plan. We are now heading south and he has cancelled the campsite. So yes. There is places if you want to Camp.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:13 am

Actually my mate has jus called to say there is a change of plan. We are now heading south and he has cancelled the campsite. So yes. There is places if you want to Camp.

Could you PM me the name of the campsite please?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.