Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've gotta get outta this place - won't be dead before my time is due

Wikiposts

We've gotta get outta this place - won't be dead before my time is due

Old Feb 18th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Confused!!!

Originally posted by moose
Forgot to mention, Iwent to college in Old Swan for three years, most of my days spent in The Red House ,The Cygnet, and the Old Swan.Qualified in beer guzzling and falling asleep during general studies lessons.
They have a College in Old Swan....:scared: Who would have thought.......
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Hope to. Only booked 3 days so far, looking for inspiration (any pointers?) A few years ago I used to like going to Koh Tao, it's not that far away, plus m'dear wife fancies Phi Phi islands.
Phuket is interesting - stay away from Patong if you have small children, bit nasty. Had some great nights there in the bars with the dancing girls playing 'hit the nail in the tree stump' and 'guess my age - I'm not 14 honest !', and beach is full of old men with young thai boys/girls brought down from Bangkok.

Definitely go to Ko Phi Phi - much more built up than a few years ago and busier since Leonardo made his film but very chilled. Some hotels there now so no need to rough it in a hut on the beach with the kids.

Could also go over to Krabi and Rayleigh (sp?) beach which is really nice - great scenery.

Have a great holiday !
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:21 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tips. Had to bypass Patong on the way here - looked a bit seedy. Here on Karon Beach there are a few 'odd couples' (I think they mostly look fat old German men + young Thai girls) but nothing (so far) that looks anything like as bad as Patpong.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Thanks for the tips. Had to bypass Patong on the way here - looked a bit seedy. Here on Karon Beach there are a few 'odd couples' (I think they mostly look fat old German men + young Thai girls) but nothing (so far) that looks anything like as bad as Patpong.
Definitely seedy - but hey, the place has a McDonalds so it can't be all bad !!

They do all seem to be fat old German men don't they ! Don't know why either !!