We've got it

Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:47 pm
Can't happen quick enough

David and Lynsey will become famous soon enoughDavid and Lynsey will become famous soon enough
Talking We've got it

Got the phone call from our agent yesterday, visas granted. We are all buzzing and can't wait to get moved. Down to the serious stuff now- selling house and looking for new schools. Anybody know anything about Melton, Melbourne?
Any advice positive or negative is much appreciated.
But for now
Cheers
David and Lynsey
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We've got it

Originally Posted by David and Lynsey
Got the phone call from our agent yesterday, visas granted. We are all buzzing and can't wait to get moved. Down to the serious stuff now- selling house and looking for new schools. Anybody know anything about Melton, Melbourne?
Any advice positive or negative is much appreciated.
But for now
Cheers
David and Lynsey

Congratulations guys, best of luck with the new life
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:08 pm

David and Lynsey will become famous soon enoughDavid and Lynsey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by biggy
Congratulations guys, best of luck with the new life
Cheers biggy,
Hows does a fellow Scot find it in Oz?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:12 pm

Cheers biggy,
Hows does a fellow Scot find it in Oz?
Its bloody fantastic it is......still hard work, stuff still needs doing, but the weekends make up for it all, u can plan stuff instead of waking up and sayin...quick it sunny lets drive for 1.5hrs to the beach only to find its pissin down by the time u get there lol or just chill out in the sun.
Where r u guys heading
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:20 pm

Its bloody fantastic it is......still hard work, stuff still needs doing, but the weekends make up for it all, u can plan stuff instead of waking up and sayin...quick it sunny lets drive for 1.5hrs to the beach only to find its pissin down by the time u get there lol or just chill out in the sun.
Where r u guys heading
Sounds Great!
Heading to Melbourne, going to stay with Aunt in Rosebud for a couple of weeks to get some stuff sorted.
We've been looking at builders' websites and we noticed that house and land is cheaper in Melton- any advice on this area? or are you in another part of Oz?
D&L
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:23 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Melton isn't the nicest of areas and if you're going there from Rosebud, you're really going to notice it as it's stunning there.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:24 pm

Sounds Great!
Heading to Melbourne, going to stay with Aunt in Rosebud for a couple of weeks to get some stuff sorted.
We've been looking at builders' websites and we noticed that house and land is cheaper in Melton- any advice on this area? or are you in another part of Oz?
D&L
sorry cant help on the area Im in Central Queensland www.capricorncoast.com.au we got our own house built last year by Hotondo Homes who are Australia wide...heres a link to the ones in Melbourne. Where in Scotland r u?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Melton isn't the nicest of areas and if you're going there from Rosebud, you're really going to notice it as it's stunning there.
Thanks for replying,
Can you expand on what's not nice about Melton?
There's only so much you can find out over the net and any views are very welcome.
For info we are in late 20's/early 30's and have 3 children under 8
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:32 pm

sorry cant help on the area Im in Central Queensland www.capricorncoast.com.au we got our own house built last year by Hotondo Homes who are Australia wide...heres a link to the ones in Melbourne. Where in Scotland r u?
We have looked at their website, how were they? We live in a new build at the moment and our builders have been a nightmare! From Glasgow originally now living in Northumberland - You?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replying,
Can you expand on what's not nice about Melton?
There's only so much you can find out over the net and any views are very welcome.
For info we are in late 20's/early 30's and have 3 children under 8
Sorry maybe not nice is the wrong way to put it, there isn't really anything wrong with it, the location isn't great and it's all a bit industrial over that way and there are better areas.

But you're right you can only gain others opinions on here so you'll have to see places for yourslves.

BTW I forgot to say congratulations
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:40 pm

We have looked at their website, how were they? We live in a new build at the moment and our builders have been a nightmare! From Glasgow originally now living in Northumberland - You?
We found our Hotondo builder was excellent, we hit a couple of snags but thery were out with his control, the suppliers up here really dont give a toss. Hotondo have some lovely house plans that are very liveable...we love our house, what made me laugh was the skirting boards and cornice in the wardrobes and garage,,,,still cracks me up, the plasterer took hours to try and put cornice up in this tiny corner cupboard. I thought what a tit just leave it ...this is our house plan

oh and I used to come from Coalburn, South Lanarkshire
Attached Thumbnails We've got it-p1010068.jpg  
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:43 pm

Sorry maybe not nice is the wrong way to put it, there isn't really anything wrong with it, the location isn't great and it's all a bit industrial over that way and there are better areas.

But you're right you can only gain others opinions on here so you'll have to see places for yourslves.

has ur mud bath dried up yet mate ?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:47 pm

Cheers, appreciate your advice-where are you based?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:49 pm

has ur mud bath dried up yet mate ?

It had done, but the thing is leaking again and it's pishing down for the last two days.

We really need to sort it out, the guy across the road has a bobcat and says that he'll do it for us, but won't say when.

He keeps saying that he'll do it in the evenings, I keep saying to him that I'll pay him like a regular customer and he should book me in, not getting anywhere.

He's a 65 year old paddy a nice bloke, but my garden isn't getting done.

We still have no fence either.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:51 pm

We found our Hotondo builder was excellent, we hit a couple of snags but thery were out with his control, the suppliers up here really dont give a toss. Hotondo have some lovely house plans that are very liveable...we love our house, what made me laugh was the skirting boards and cornice in the wardrobes and garage,,,,still cracks me up, the plasterer took hours to try and put cornice up in this tiny corner cupboard. I thought what a tit just leave it ...this is our house plan

oh and I used to come from Coalburn, South Lanarkshire
House plans look great, we are looking at the same sort of thing but we are looking at expanding the family once in Oz, so looking for study(bed5) plus rumpus- sick of tripping over kids toys where we are now!! Thanks for your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.