Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weve gone and booked our flights

Weve gone and booked our flights

Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Weve gone and booked our flights

Cant believe weve finaly got to this stage.
We fly out on the 3rd August with Singapore.

Our house sale finaly goes through on the 24th July and weve booked a caravan for our last 2 weeks in the UK while we tie up loose ends. Caravan has cost us £1,200 for the 2 weeks , but we were lucky to find it as everywhere was booked solid as the school holidays begin on the 20th.
Our leaving party is all arranged for the 20th, we cant wait.

My little girl competed in her very last dance comp this last weekend and the school dragged her up to make an announcement that she was off to Oz and presented her with some lovely gifts for her to remember them all. Thought I would cry my eyes out but managed to hold off the tears so as not to set her off.

Cant believe how short the days are when you have so much to plan an arrange in such a small amount of time. Im knackered .

Roll on the 5th August when we arrive in Brissie, by the way does anyone know of a hotel that caters for 2 adults 3 children just for the one night as we need to be in Brissie to activate our bank account on the Monday.

Sam xxx
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:27 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weve gone and booked our flights

Originally Posted by samnsam

Our house sale finaly goes through on the 24th July and weve booked a caravan for our last 2 weeks in the UK while we tie up loose ends. Caravan has cost us £1,200 for the 2 weeks , but we were lucky to find it as everywhere was booked solid as the school holidays begin on the 20th.

My little girl competed in her very last dance comp this last weekend and the school dragged her up to make an announcement that she was off to Oz and presented her with some lovely gifts for her to remember them all. Thought I would cry my eyes out but managed to hold off the tears so as not to set her off.

Cant believe how short the days are when you have so much to plan an arrange in such a small amount of time. Im knackered .

Roll on the 5th August when we arrive in Brissie, by the way does anyone know of a hotel that caters for 2 adults 3 children just for the one night as we need to be in Brissie to activate our bank account on the Monday.

Sam xxx
OMG
not long at all

bet you were so proud of your daughter.

good luck, hope everything goes to plan
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:25 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and safe journey to you all x
we arrive in Brissie on 6th Sept so i can chill a bit longer
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck with the move.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:04 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratualtions and good luck with the move.

May I be the first Australian to say 'its about bloody time you got it all sorted'

For a one night hotel I would suggest booking through one of the cheap lastminute websites such as lastminute.com.au or wotif.com.au - they usually have good deals on hotels and you can browse and find something that you like!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:26 am
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

Congratulations and good luck. Hope to see you there soon
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Good luck Sam! Glad to hear you got everything sorted.

Kerry
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Good luck Sam! Glad to hear you got everything sorted.

Kerry
Asher, thanks and yes I was a very proud mum,
Woodz, Teresa G, Little Miss Reub and Kezzabird Thank you too
and AndyR1976 thanks for the info, will check out the sites asap.
Been on internet all morning sorting out rentals for when we arrive, Im having lots of fun
Sam x
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:10 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnsam

Sam xxx
Thats great news Sam.........I bet your really nervous now and of course excited.

My little princess dances too and she is doing so well at it she has her show in November ( the last ) ......sometimes you feel a right tw*t taking them away from the things they have worked so hard for for years.....but onwards and upwards to better things.

Good luck
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=samnsam;4968759]Cant believe weve finaly got to this stage.

Congratulations, you must be really excited now! Hope you enjoy your new life in Oz
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Issie
Thats great news Sam.........I bet your really nervous now and of course excited.

My little princess dances too and she is doing so well at it she has her show in November ( the last ) ......sometimes you feel a right tw*t taking them away from the things they have worked so hard for for years.....but onwards and upwards to better things.

Good luck
Yes I feel terrible as she loves her dancing so much and unfortunately they do not do Freestyle disco in OZ so she will be unable to continue with it. Been doing lots of research on the net for dance classes, no luck yet, but knowing Lily she will enjoy herself with any clubs she joins.