Westpac / HBOS

Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

markinhull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Westpac / HBOS

Hello

I have just been in to the local Halifax branch and they have told me that they have / are taking over Westpac.

Can anyone already in Oz confirm this??

I was just thinking that this may make the transferring of my money a little bit easier.

Thanks
Mark
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Westpac / HBOS

I bank at Westpac but haven't heard this. If it's true I'll be moving my account sharpish I can tell you !!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohippy
I bank at Westpac but haven't heard this. If it's true I'll be moving my account sharpish I can tell you !!
Can I ask why?, or this a personal reason due to experience?

Have not heard or seen anything on this. Where did you see it?

Mark
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandS
Can I ask why?, or this a personal reason due to experience?

Have not heard or seen anything on this. Where did you see it?

Mark
definitely personal experience in the UK. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now. They were fine when everything was 'normal' but as soon as I wanted something different they couldn't cope. They deducted charges from my account for a debt on my exes account when they had no authority to. I had to go down the legal route before I got my money back. Never again. Westpac, so far, have been good.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:31 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markinhull
Hello

I have just been in to the local Halifax branch and they have told me that they have / are taking over Westpac.

I was just thinking that this may make the transferring of my money a little bit easier.

Thanks
Mark
Are you sure they didn't say BankWest?? BankWest are already part of the HBOS Group of companies. Maybe the story is getting confused.....
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

The girl definately told me Westpac as this is who I planned to open the account with anyway.

I am not saying though that whoever in branch told her this was correct.

Mark
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

The girl definately told me Westpac as this is who I planned to open the account with anyway.

I am not saying though that whoever in branch told her this was correct.

Mark
She's talking cobblers. HBOS own Bankwest who are in middle of a massive rollout of branches in the East Coast [I worked on the new loan software to handle this]. The long term plan of HBOS is to take on the major ozzie banks and they have the financial muscle to do it. The competition regulator wouldn't allow them to buy Westpac anyway.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info.

Mark
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:07 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hello

Thanks
Mark
I haven't heard that but there is a company that transfer your funds from your bank account to a westpac account for no charge
they are called hifex
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Emmie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Thanks
Mark
I've been in oz for 26 years and can say that wespac is the best bank over here by a long chalk. As for the UK, I bank with Nationwide and never get charged a penny for for international transfers through my debit card.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:00 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think HBOS would let the news slip to a branch worker before releasing the news to the shareholders and media etc. I used to work for HBOS by the way and they are ****
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Guss is an unknown quantity at this point

What is it about Westpac that's particularly good?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Guss
What is it about Westpac that's particularly good?
well i hope they dont take them over - i start work with them in a week!