Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

westpac bank?????

westpac bank?????

Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

fancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud of
Default westpac bank?????

HI FOLKS,

Is it possible to open a westpac account over here before we go over.

THANKS FANCYFELLA AND THE TRIBE(VICTORIA BOUND SEPT) :scared:

P.S.YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: westpac bank?????

Originally Posted by fancyfella
HI FOLKS,

I'm not sure, but I know you can open an account with ANZ from here, I was told you either fill in the form you can download online and post it or if you call them and ask for Banking Products, they will open one for you on the telephone.

Link is http://www.anz.com.au/aus/ind/everyday/banking.asp or phone +613
9683 9999 8am - 8pm Mon-Fri Australian time
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

nicoak will become famous soon enough

It certainly is. We opened an account the other week. Download some forms and either post or fax back. We faxed back and had an email after a day or so confirming receipt and account was opened after 4 or 5 days. Gave us account details etc by email, just had to tranfer some money in within 21 days.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicoak
It certainly is. We opened an account the other week. Download some forms and either post or fax back. We faxed back and had an email after a day or so confirming receipt and account was opened after 4 or 5 days. Gave us account details etc by email, just had to tranfer some money in within 21 days.
How much money do you have to open the account with
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:47 pm
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jwood
How much money do you have to open the account with
We have also opened a WestPac account online from over here. Just search the www.westpac.com.au site for "migrant", fill in the forms and fax over some proof of ID.

We made a few £1000 tranzfers when the rate peaked a few weeks ago and I was able to e-mail them to get them to tell me the funds had arrived safely. (They have also taken their first $5 monthly fee from us.)

We can't withdraw or transfer money out of the account until we arrive in Australia (only 20 days to go!) and show them our passports.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Leisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura about

Think Commonwealth also do a migrant account.

Leisa
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leisa
Think Commonwealth also do a migrant account.

Leisa
Whats the difference between a migrant account and a normal account?
Cheers
mandy
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:10 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicktork
We have also opened a WestPac account online from over here. Just search the www.westpac.com.au site for "migrant", fill in the forms and fax over some proof of ID.

We made a few £1000 tranzfers when the rate peaked a few weeks ago and I was able to e-mail them to get them to tell me the funds had arrived safely. (They have also taken their first $5 monthly fee from us.)

We can't withdraw or transfer money out of the account until we arrive in Australia (only 20 days to go!) and show them our passports.
On the website it says ' If you retain a minimum balance of $2,500 in your Westpac One transaction account (main account), the $5 monthly fee will be waived.'

That sounds good
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Leisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura about

Not sure - was something I was told about - we are still much to far away from thinking about bank accounts - waiting for our Skills Assessment to come back!

http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/...oAustralia.asp

No good at doing links sorry but hopefully this should help.

Leisa
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:14 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Cheers
mandy
I think it's just called 'Migrant Banking' and it's info about all the options open to you as a migrant. i.e all the accounts that you can open from the U.K. These are not necessarily only accounts for migrants (if you get my meaning)
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fancyfella
HI FOLKS,

Unless you really need to open one before you go, I wouldn't worry too much.
Once you're there you can just pop into a branch and open one. Only takes a few minutes and is painless enough. Think you have to wait two or three days for your card, but until then you can draw money out over the counter if you have your account details.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:29 pm
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Cheers
mandy
A migrant account becomes a normal account once you turn up at any branch and prove your identity.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Unless you really need to open one before you go, I wouldn't worry too much.
Once you're there you can just pop into a branch and open one. Only takes a few minutes and is painless enough. Think you have to wait two or three days for your card, but until then you can draw money out over the counter if you have your account details.
Yup, we rocked up on the wednesday afternoon with out passports, 3 accounts (2 normal, 1 netsaver) opened 15 minutes later, had the card the following monday! total doddle.

when you open them within 6 weeks of arriving, you only need your passport for ID as well - easy as!!!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YoSemite
Yup, we rocked up on the wednesday afternoon with out passports, 3 accounts (2 normal, 1 netsaver) opened 15 minutes later, had the card the following monday! total doddle.

when you open them within 6 weeks of arriving, you only need your passport for ID as well - easy as!!!
Hi who did you open your account up with and did you have a permanent Oz address??
Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I think it's just called 'Migrant Banking' and it's info about all the options open to you as a migrant. i.e all the accounts that you can open from the U.K. These are not necessarily only accounts for migrants (if you get my meaning)
Thanks to you and Nicktork for the reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.