Westpac. 90 days to validate!

Westpac. 90 days to validate!

Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:10 am
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough
Default Westpac. 90 days to validate!

Is it right?
If I open a Westpac account from UK, do I have to be there within 90 days of opening account to present identification?
What if Im not there in the time limit? Do they then close the account?

Thanks Susan
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:18 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Westpac. 90 days to validate!

Originally Posted by sub
Is it right?
If I open a Westpac account from UK, do I have to be there within 90 days of opening account to present identification?

Thanks Susan
Yes. You also have to deposit funds within 30 days of opening as if the account is empty/inactive for more than that they close it. I have just opened an account with them and tranferred cash from UK to Oz and it was quite a painless process - they also have 24 hour telephone banking where you actually speak to a real live person. I registered for that and internet access from the UK - no problems at all.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 10:10 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sub
Is it right?

Thanks Susan
Unless you go into the Westpac branch in London to activate - which is what we did.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

roxymusic will become famous soon enoughroxymusic will become famous soon enough

You can contact westpac in london and you can verify your identity in the uk(from your current bank) and open an account with westpac without the 90 days senario. The number is 02076217000 and ask for customer services and explain what you require and they will help you.

ian
Old Oct 11th 2008, 3:47 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxymusic
You can contact westpac in london and you can verify your identity in the uk(from your current bank) and open an account with westpac without the 90 days senario. The number is 02076217000 and ask for customer services and explain what you require and they will help you.

ian

Wish someone had told me that before I went through the rigmarole I just have!
Old Oct 11th 2008, 4:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Wish someone had told me that before I went through the rigmarole I just have!
Aussie banking. Get used to it, there are always hoops to jump through and they don't make it easy
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:57 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Opened ours in the UK, transfered £50 from what I recall within a week.

Validated at the main branch in Brissy when we got here about 5 months later.

If there was a 90 day validation thing we weren't aware of it or it didn't matter as long as there was money in the account.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough

Does this rule apply to all oz banks?
thanx
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future

We validated ours by contacting the London branch then verifying our ID's through our bank. And cause we went to hifx first they recommended us to westpac which means we have six months before we start getting charged banking fees. Then we will just send over $3000 in that time so its effectively free banking.
We dont even have to use hifx to exchange our money. we will use ozforex as its slightly better rate.
Ian
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stefjt
Does this rule apply to all oz banks?
thanx

No

http://www.anz.com/aus/promo/internresaccount/
Old Oct 12th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I setup an account with Westpac and chose the migrant package they have. thats a choice account and an esaver account. Looked straightforward. stay above 3000 aud and you get free banking. But, when I arrived and validated, the guy sat me down and advised me better and told me that an echoice account suits me better with a high interest savings account. keeping most of my money in the esaver account (which i can access whenever i want) meant i was actually earning interest on the money i thought was keeping me free from bank charges. it works out better. Westpac have been spot on all the way through and extremely nice. I'm setting up my superannuation account with them as well.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

If you setup the account and the validate it in the London Branch to get away from the 90 day limit, how do you pickup your Oz credit cards etc?

Won't be in Oz for a while yet but was thinking of setting an account up so get some funds transferred to take advantage of the rates at the moment.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR
If you setup the account and the validate it in the London Branch to get away from the 90 day limit, how do you pickup your Oz credit cards etc?

Won't be in Oz for a while yet but was thinking of setting an account up so get some funds transferred to take advantage of the rates at the moment.
You can have hem delivered to your branch in Oz
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
You can have hem delivered to your branch in Oz
Thanks. Don't have a branch yet so I take it this can be arranged at a later date after opening/validating the account?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:11 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I am in the process of opening an account with westpac as we are validating next month When you validate your account, are your cash cards etc waiting for you to collect or do you have to wait for them to be sent out? We were gonna transfer some $'s in b4 we go with the exchange rate being so good but dont wanna be stuck not being able to get money out when we get there in Nov.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.