westpac

Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:04 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default westpac

I've decided to go with westpac and open and account with them for day to day banking,money transfers etc. Most of the banks seem to be much of a muchness

Any opinions/experiences ??

Lee
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all
Default Re: westpac

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
I've decided to go with westpac and open and account with them for day to day banking,money transfers etc. Most of the banks seem to be much of a muchness

Lee
Am doing same mate, they are one of only a few banks that you can do it online before you leave uk. Just choose the right account to avoid those bank charges, I spoke to them in feb when i was in brissy and they were very helpful.
hope this helps
Steve
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

We have applied for a 2 accounts through Westpac (savings and current account) and have a fee of $5 a month for the 2. Still waiting for things to come through to us.

If you have more than $3500 in your account each month they waive the fee.

Sarah.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

We did the Westpac from the UK thing, it was totally painless and I can honestly say that ALL the service we have received at both ends has been excellent. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

Re the large balance to waive fee, I think it's $2500, but there is no point - you make more money putting that cash in your high-interest savings account. Also the savings account that links to your current account (if you go with the Westpac One package) is fairly high interest but you lose the interest if you do transactions within the month. So ask for a maxi-saver too, which is all online and marginally lower interest but no penalties for using the money.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough

HI, we used Westpac, opened everything from UK and transferred funds. Went into branch on arrival for 100point check etc. Had a superb service, very helpful, even got us credit cards sorted out etc.

Once we have settled though, we have changed to ANZ as there are no Westpack branches or ATM's near us, and I can never remember to get money out at the supermarket! They also offer free banking, if you take out your home loan with them too. All bank services so far have been good for us!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

We opened an account with Westpac when we first arrived. It was extremely easy. Up to press we have found them excellent. Seem to be plenty of ATM's around us.

Nicky
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:49 am
Just Joined

motlyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are with West Pac.
Opened through HIFX from the UK. Both highly recomended.

Colin
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

We opened a Westpac account from the UK. We chose Westpac mainly because their on-line demo was lightyears ahead of the others we looked at.

If you're interested, I did a step-by-step guide on opening one from the UK. All the numbers to ring are there, just follow it through. According to the Westpac site, you are not supposed to be able to get on-line access to your account until you are in Oz, but we managed to do it - it's all in the link below.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...estpac+from+uk
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Leisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura about

We opened through HIFX - someone to speak to in the Uk - totally painless.

Leisa
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it!

We applied from the UK as it seemed easy online. Arrived in Sydney and no record of what we had done. EVERY transaction with them takes hours, they have no idea what they are talking about and I have never had such a crap experience as a consumer in my life. They lost our cards, deleted our address, issued cards with pins that don't work, linked cards to non-existant accounts, spent half an hour telling us how wonderful it is to be able to buy something on the internet using a debit card (yes, so what) etc, etc,. I ended up in a branch yesterday literally banging my head on the guys desk begging OH to leave, close the account and go elsewhere (OHs pin didn't work - again and we sat there for 40 minutes with a guy who didn't have a clue what he was doing). They are SHIT.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

Lee
We have our home loan with Westpac.........no complaints!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:11 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

i bank with west pac

have day to day account with them plus 4 maxi - direct (internet) accounts

i find them friendly and helpful, they greet me like a friend, mind you i'm in there all the time

they have waived fees that i should have paid, and given me advice on how to do things so i dont get extra charges!

i think they are great!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:01 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Iv got to say im a little disapointed with westpac. Took us over 4 weeks to get our cards when we got here. They orderd them 4 times due to people not doing there jobs properly. The staff are very friendly. Once we got the cards they didnt work and had to go in to have them sorted out??
Im on the line as far as westpac go, maybe we were just a one off. The one thing i dont like is you seem to get changed for everything you do???
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:05 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I really do think it depends from branch to branch,
i live and bank in a small town where you do get to know the shop keepers and bank workers.
Perhaps there i have an adantage to larger branches?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

So far we've had great service from Westpac. Opened the account on the phone from the UK and then went to the branch to validate the account. We went to the branch on Tuesday this week and the service we received was great. We ordered debit cards and got a phone call yesterday (Thursday) to say that they were ready to pick up - so quick! Went to the branch today to pick them up and were able to pick a pin number today rather than wait for one to come through.

The person we were dealing with was great and explained everything to us in detail without making us feel stupid!! Staff behind the counter are very friendly and helpful. We are up on the Central Coast and I have to say that we have found this sort of service and pleasant manner everywhere we have been so far!

Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.