Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WEST BRISBANE FAMILIES

WEST BRISBANE FAMILIES

Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:52 am
Banned

peterh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WEST BRISBANE FAMILIES

Family with young children (1yr-9yrs) from the UK looking to meetup for short family days out, meet up, chats, playgrounds and coffee meetups etc. Ideally families based in Western Brisbane area (Toowong, St Lucia, Indooroopilly, Fig Tree, Kenmore area etc.). Wife a fulltime Mother, Dad fulltime work for UQ.

Would like to hear from like-minded families! :-)

Drop us a line

Peter and Delyth
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:26 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: WEST BRISBANE FAMILIES

See here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589351

Come along on Sunday and say hi!!

My girls (4yrs and 2yrs) will be there and another pair of similar age expected too....

Last edited by DadAgain; Feb 5th 2009 at 5:34 am.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Hi we arrived in Brisbane in Oct, myself Suzy husband Nick and our two boys Oliver 3 and Samuel nearly 9. We are based in The Gap, which is not far from the areas you mentioned. Nick works for an engineering consultancy and i am a full time mum. private message us i you fancy a chat
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

Hi there

we are in jindalee which isnt far from you. we have 2 girls aged 9 and 15 but always up for a coffee/wine and chat. We dont tend to do the big meet ups in the parks as my oldest daughter wouldnt come along and dont really want to leave her all day.

i do tend to work between 2 and 5 days a week but if you pm me i am sure we can sort something out that goes for you to suzy

nicola
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:21 am
No longer waiting!

Cannot wait is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we moved to The Gap from Chapel Hill in November. I'm Emma, and my husband James, & sons Joe 4 & Toby 2.
I work full time but would love to catch up with people for a chat /BBQ at the park or something at the weekends.
PM me if anything is being arranged!
Old May 25th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by peterh
Family with young children (1yr-9yrs) from the UK looking to meetup for short family days out, meet up, chats, playgrounds and coffee meetups etc. Ideally families based in Western Brisbane area (Toowong, St Lucia, Indooroopilly, Fig Tree, Kenmore area etc.). Wife a fulltime Mother, Dad fulltime work for UQ.

Would like to hear from like-minded families! :-)

Drop us a line

Peter and Delyth
hi , I am Emma and I have a little girl (18 months).We have been in Graceville for about 3 months.Have any meetups been arranged? Would be interested to meet up for a chat.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

Hi emma

i have sent you a pm
Old May 28th 2009, 2:30 am
No longer waiting!

Hi Emma, I've also sent you a PM.

Hi Peter - we are a family with 2 boys under 5. we're currently in the process (fingers crossed) of moving to Chapel Hill from The Gap. Hopefully should be settled in about a month or so - maybe we could arrange a meet up at a park or something?

cheers,
Emma
Old May 28th 2009, 2:33 am
No longer waiting!

Originally Posted by Cannot wait
Hi Emma, I've also sent you a PM.

Hi Peter - we are a family with 2 boys under 5. we're currently in the process (fingers crossed) of moving to Chapel Hill from The Gap. Hopefully should be settled in about a month or so - maybe we could arrange a meet up at a park or something?

cheers,
Emma
Just realised - this makes it sound like we really want to get away from The Gap! The opposite really - love it here but sadly can't find a house to buy that meets what we need for some reason. So we decided to opt for buying a house back where we were renting previously in Chapel Hill, which is also a lovely suburb.
Old May 31st 2009, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

lee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant future

Hi, we moved to The Gap from Chapel Hill in November. I'm Emma, and my husband James, & sons Joe 4 & Toby 2.
I work full time but would love to catch up with people for a chat /BBQ at the park or something at the weekends.
PM me if anything is being arranged!
Hi emma, we met you at mount coot-tha for a bbq with dadagain (adrian) and family before and would like to do that again sometime. Please let us know if somebody is arranging something. How about next sunday in the same place for a bbq?

lee
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:39 am
No longer waiting!

Originally Posted by lee_h
Hi emma, we met you at mount coot-tha for a bbq with dadagain (adrian) and family before and would like to do that again sometime. Please let us know if somebody is arranging something. How about next sunday in the same place for a bbq?

lee
Hi Lee,

It would be great to meet up again - although I'm afraid we're really busy for the next few weekends - James is manning a stall at Greenfest next sunday and we're attempting to arrange a garage sale & pack the household belongings.
How about we make it for next month? We might have moved house by then and things will have settled down a bit, you never know!

It was a great spot at Mt Coot-tha, so would be good to meet there again.

Maybe a few others would like to join us too?

Thanks and hopefully see you soon!
Emma
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

lee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant future

hi Emma

Next month sometime sounds great. I'll be in touch to arrange something but please drop me a message if i forget to arrange a time. In the meantime good luck with the move and hope to catch up later.

Lee
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:14 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Count me in again.... - but having said that the next few weekends are looking pretty busy.... (arent they always?)
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lee,

It would be great to meet up again - although I'm afraid we're really busy for the next few weekends - James is manning a stall at Greenfest next sunday and we're attempting to arrange a garage sale & pack the household belongings.
How about we make it for next month? We might have moved house by then and things will have settled down a bit, you never know!

It was a great spot at Mt Coot-tha, so would be good to meet there again.

Maybe a few others would like to join us too?

Thanks and hopefully see you soon!
Emma

Hi

We are in Chapel Hill and would love to meet up for a BBQ at Mt Coot-tha if that would be okay? We are Steve (me) Kaye, Ben 8 and Emily 6.

Please let us know if anything is arranged.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 6:00 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Hi folks, we're based in Sherwood with a 3 yo son - would love to meet up with other expats in the western 'burbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.