Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

werribee victoria

werribee victoria

Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

rosscog will become famous soon enoughrosscog will become famous soon enough
Default werribee victoria

can anyone advice me on whether this is a nice suburb for a young family. me (25), wife (24), daughter (5) or if you have any other suburbs around this area which you think would be better could you give me your advice please,
cheers for the help..
Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:38 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: werribee victoria

Originally Posted by rosscog
can anyone advice me on whether this is a nice suburb for a young family. me (25), wife (24), daughter (5) or if you have any other suburbs around this area which you think would be better could you give me your advice please,
cheers for the help..
I asked this a while back (http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1395453) but only got the one reply ...
Old Sep 27th 2004, 9:17 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Werribee is an expanding area approx forty-fifty kms west of Melbourne.
The area contains lots of private housing estates .It has become popular , like many outer suburbs, with first time home owners .This is because people who couldn't previously afford a deposit can now, with the govt grant and the right building firm, build a house without stamp duty or a deposit of there own.
Werribee is not for everyone- in fact it's not for most people.
If you want to PM me I can help you with finding areas that will meet your needs once you emmigrate.

Steve Bowes

Melhelpinghand - Melbourne's first,best and only resettlement service and advice centre .

email : [email protected]
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: werribee victoria

cheers for the help..
Hi rosscog

Werribee, well we stayed in Werribe for a couple of weeks in march this year and it was very nice. We stayed at a place called Werribee Motor Lodge and is a great place to base your self if you want to get out and about. There is better places to live i think, try Hoppers crossing area, Caralina Springs & Cairnlea, they all have a nice feel but every one to their own.

Also It all depends what kind of life style you want, facilities you need for the kids etc. Also if you intend to build or have built your own home, becauce it seems to be a lot cheeper to have a new build in all these ares instead of an established one.

Any way thats enough waffle from me, hope you find the best place for you and your family

Signman Glen
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for the help..
Werribee was once a country town close to Melbourne, now it is part of Melbourne as it has joined up with Hoppers Crossing, Laverton, Point Cook etc. It's probably closer to 35 k's from CBD via freeway, Westgate Bridge etc so only 30 mins away. It has relatively cheap housing as do the surrounding areas (eg all Melb median $358K, Werribee £220K, Hoppers $215K, Point Cook $314K, Altona Meadows $255K, Laverton $197K not recommended incidentally), a good range of shops in Werribee itself and at Werribee Plaza and Hoppers Crossing, plenty of schools, hospitals, sporting facilities etc, etc. I would say it is quite a good suburb for the first home buyer, young family with reasonably quick access to the city and also Geelong, the coast etc in the other direction. Point Cook and Sanctuary Lakes are both closer to the city and decidedly more upmarket but the property prices reflect that too. Werribee has a semi-rural/semi-urban feel about it though which some people also like.

OzTennis