Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Were there any auctions today in Sydney?

Were there any auctions today in Sydney?

Old Mar 5th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Were there any auctions today in Sydney?

Tried to load the latest figures of results and it hasn't refreshed from last week.

Very happy to see one house in paddo sell midweek for 1.89mill after being on the market for 2.2! Need my overall picture fix..
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Were there any auctions today in Sydney?

Originally Posted by al dente
Tried to load the latest figures of results and it hasn't refreshed from last week.

Very happy to see one house in paddo sell midweek for 1.89mill after being on the market for 2.2! Need my overall picture fix..
This should tell you all you need to know about the clearance rates

http://www.news.com.au/money/auction...-1226016477643
Old Mar 5th 2011, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

I'm in Melbourne (South Yarra) and a 3 bedder townhouse went for $1.710m yesterday morning ... I thought rent-a-crowd were involved, bloody people EVERYWHERE.

Ridiculous pricing.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I've noticed this weeks figures aren't out yet but sometime they don't come out until Monday.

From what I've seen on the sold lists this week I think it was quite a successful weekend. For the area I live in, many more properties have sold than last weekend and personally I know of 2 friends that sold at auction and prior to auction this weekend getting the money they were hoping for.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Todays Sun Herald (printed) showed 221 properties sold with a clearance rate of 56.2% if that helps
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
Todays Sun Herald (printed) showed 221 properties sold with a clearance rate of 56.2% if that helps
Ta!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:31 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to one yesterday. Passed in with no bids. Vendor had over optimistic expectations driven by estate agents.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by IvanM
Went to one yesterday. Passed in with no bids. Vendor had over optimistic expectations driven by estate agents.
REA are known for it. Where and in what range?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

wilf70 will become famous soon enoughwilf70 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Were there any auctions today in Sydney?

There is an interesting discussion of this 'problem'[and the real reasons behind it] on Macrobusiness.com.au---read and inwardly digest
Old Mar 6th 2011, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

wilf70 will become famous soon enoughwilf70 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Were there any auctions today in Sydney?

There is an interesting discussion of this 'problem'[and the real reasons behind it] on Macrobusiness.com.au---read and inwardly digest--also read the comments at the end;in some ways the most informative.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:00 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting reading

Old Mar 6th 2011, 6:53 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Also read same article today. The real estate industry/spruikers (plus retiring/downsizing baby boomers & oldies moving into retirement homes) rely upon several factors:

focus upon auctions & clearance rates (which get fudged), ignore stock on market (massive), median prices (most people confuse with average), talk up housing shortages (without any evidence), talk up increasing population/immigration growth i.e. more renters to entice investors (immigration & international student numbers stalled & dropping a lot...), banks to supply low equity/deposit loans (how much longer keeping shareholders happy?), govt. subsidies/middle class welfare (negative gearing/first home buyers grants), encourage sellers to take properties off market (to limit supply) and Fairfax media i.e. SMH and The Age to run highly suggestive articles and advertorials that one should get into property now or miss out... (Real Estate provides much of their income)......

one needs to read The Economist to learn what's going on in Oz

Last edited by balkanghost; Mar 6th 2011 at 6:57 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

The figures still aren't up, which is frustrating. Thanks for the links to the other articles. I'm amazed that the fudging is being reported, even if it is to back stab each other's media monitoring, it's still a start.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Hmm. This past month i have now seen 2 houses i like listed as sold that then come back on the market within weeks as a fixed price sale. There is some serious fudging going on.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:54 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Hmm. This past month i have now seen 2 houses i like listed as sold that then come back on the market within weeks as a fixed price sale. There is some serious fudging going on.
yep, see post 11 and the link I gave mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.